StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the V can do over 145, because thats when I had to shut it down because of an upcoming corner on an open highway. My question is, what is the top speed of the Wee? I owned a DR650 and its top speed was only about 95mph full throttle. Thats why I went for the bigger Strom. (P.S. to all the B.S. about the V verses Wee link. I read through the first 6 pages of 51 and got tired of reading alot about nothing! So please don't dirrect me there.)

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
Motorcycle news said the 650's top speed an actual 114.5mph. In either case, the stock chassis is not designed for it. The Vee is top speed limited to well below 145mph without an ATRE or removing the secondary throttle plates for a reason. My bike went into a tank slapper at an indicated 119, actual 109mph and tossed me off so I've lost interest in high speed runs.

·
Boy talks too much....
588 Posts
I assume thats 145 KPH right?? Cause the only way a Vee is doin 145 MPH is off a cliff with a downdraft..:green_lol:

·
38,104 Posts
Use an ATRE to fool the ECM into "thinking" the bike is in 4th, an unrestricted gear, and it can do 145mph right about the time it may kill you.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There was no handle bar shake, so I kept twisting the throttle a little more at a time. I love adrenaline and the V is a good source.

·
38,104 Posts
By the time there is a shake, it may be too late. It's your health.

·
Administrator
17,231 Posts
Darwinism............

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Dude, he went down already at high speed. Once down on a highway like that maybe you will think hard before you do it again. Or then again, maybe you won't get lucky like he did and live. You might die.

·
38,104 Posts
Dude, if you're scared of nothing, you may not be living long. I've been down the road at triple digits. I'm not taking a chance on doing it again. I ride a motorcycle at the age of 66. Lot's of people think that's crazy. We all pick our challenges given the information we have. I'm just providing information on my experience.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Unless you were using GPS, your actual speed is much lower

·
Administrator
17,231 Posts
Exactly... My question is why would you want to go that fast... on a bike not even built for that kind of speed, even...:confused:

My C14 will do that easy, and will be rock steady........but I aint gonna do it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
If,,, i lived in texas, i might try something like that... heck my car only goes 130 (mph),, But as our seasoned riders said, its NOT a high speed chassis bike, there are way better choices for high speed running..... However,, I do love speed.... just in my car,, or snowmobile....

·
Registered
875 Posts
I know the V can do over 145, because thats when I had to shut it down because of an upcoming corner on an open highway. My question is, what is the top speed of the Wee? I owned a DR650 and its top speed was only about 95mph full throttle. Thats why I went for the bigger Strom. (P.S. to all the B.S. about the V verses Wee link. I read through the first 6 pages of 51 and got tired of reading alot about nothing! So please don't dirrect me there.)
Lol. Dream on. The wee will get nowhere near that speed.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Scared? Not Living?

Let's see.....Greywolf has well over 15000 posts on this forum. I would say (and I'm sure many would agree) that he is the resident expert on all things Wee as well as Vee. Tank slapper at 119 mph that he survived. Has logged miles in all the lower 48 states. I'd say the man is not scared and he is 'living' quite well.

Wisdom from El Paso, Texas. Whatever.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts