StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What size is the hex on the front axle on the '14-'18 DL1000 ? I don't want to buy a "Special Front Axle Tool" from Suzuki......I can make one out of a bolt and nut...but don't wanna buy 10 bolts to figure out the size.....

Thanks..........

·
Registered
14,131 Posts
The request, while honest, reminds me of a nun teacher I had in grade school. In charge of indolent, lazy kids she'd scold us and utter, "Wait on me and I'll work."
Heck, all we wanted was the answers, not figure it out!>:)

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
?????

The request, while honest, reminds me of a nun teacher I had in grade school. In charge of indolent, lazy kids she'd scold us and utter, "Wait on me and I'll work."
Heck, all we wanted was the answers, not figure it out!>:)
I'm way too stupid to understand this :frown2:

·
Premium Member
2,478 Posts
Post what you come up with for tools.

·
Registered
14,131 Posts
".I can make one out of a bolt and nut...but don't wanna buy 10 bolts to figure out the size....."
Rather than go to the store and figure it out on your own you innocently ask for help and have someone else figure it out.
Not to worry, it happens all the time.
It's probably been posted before in the archives and could be found using the google box in the upper right of the screen.
I think I've got a similar bolt and nut arrangement in my tool tube. It's a lot cheaper than getting the OEM tool or one of the aftermarket similar.
Some of them are like 20 bucks?

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
A Motion-Pro front axle tool, with 4 sizes on it is $16-$18. If your do any mechanical work at all I would expect you to have a 1/2" drive ratchet and/or torque wrench. Then all you'd need to buy is a 30mm socket, cheap at many stores.

And instead of buying 10 sets of bolts, the OP could have gone to Horror Fright and purchased a plastic electronic caliper for $9.99 and measured for himself.

No matter, you thought someone would have the ready answer, and this site doesnt disappoint.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I went to HF and bought a set of large Allen Wrenches for cheap. My 650XT is a different size than the 1000cc and I think other 650s like the SV, so too sketchy for me. HF has it covered, "Good Enough, Cheap".

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
A 16mm coupling nut serves nicely as a 24mm hex, and has a handy hole through the middle to make it lighter.

IIRC, a 12mm coupling nut works perfectly on my 1st-gen Vee, which uses a 19mm hex.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts