StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, so I have a 13 650, and I want to upgrade the looks. I was wondering if the gold XT wheels will swap with the cast wheels I already have? I am assuming they do, but can't find any confirmation only that the black ones from the 15-16 do. Also, has anyone swapped front fairings with a 17+? It would appear they are similar from the side. My guess it would be too work since the gas tank is slightly different and so on.

·
Administrator
5,031 Posts
My initial response is that by the time you have bought the wheels and the plastic, and many other necessary parts as well, would it not be more economical to spend that money on trading up to a 2017 model?

I have not checked but surely the mounting points and faring/headlight frame would surely be different.
Just pricing the wheels and fairing panels alone may change your mind - then add the rear and beside the seat panels as they will not match either, and the graphics will clash.

·
Vendor
4,923 Posts
I suggest calling up the parts diagrams on honda parts nation or similar parts house and doing a side by side comparison in two browser windows. Many parts are interchangeable. But you already have most of the parts that are interchangeable. The seat, rear subframe, faring, front subframe, and most plastic are different and have different mounting points.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts