StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
+1 for the BlueSea/Marine Grade Outlet

Used a Blue Sea Outlet, 12awg(for future proofing), an inline fuse holder, heat shrink tubing, heat shrink connectors, and split loom heat resistant tubing.

Mount on the cable guide is simple and secure.

Hope the pics are helpful for someone.

-Shep

Attachments

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Did you ensure that your throttle cables don't bind (causing unwanted throttle application) on full-lock left? Your socket is occupying the slack space that the throttle cables use. Mine are barely long enough, and wouldn't tolerate that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no problem with mine.

·
Registered
424 Posts
+1 for the BlueSea/Marine Grade Outlet

Used a Blue Sea Outlet, 12awg(for future proofing), an inline fuse holder, heat shrink tubing, heat shrink connectors, and split loom heat resistant tubing.

Mount on the cable guide is simple and secure.

Hope the pics are helpful for someone.

-Shep
I have the same outlet and I put it in the same place. :thumbup: No problem with the cables.
I ran my power from the heated grip plug with and adapter from Eastern Beaver. I did put a wire tie to hold the unit in place better.
Mike

·
Registered
79 Posts
I just got my cig lighter and I mounted it in the cable holder as yall have. great call! its solid as can be, and doesnt interfere with the cables.

now, the PO had installed a relay with a an inline fuse to some switched power near the battery. I know I can just run the power wire from the cig lighter back to the battery right? but what should I do with the ground? best place for it back to the battery? the relay only has one open prong.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts