StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After all the threads Ive read, I cant see anyone who has made considerable gains in the Hp stakes. OK Ive heard about power commanders, cans and the like but does anyone have any credible evidence that this bike will make this sort of power.
A dyno chart would be nice to see to validate any claims. Rideability isnt an issue here as Ive just give back an SV to its owner and believe me this has power in the low to mid range as well. What I want to see is hard evidence of power on the Strom. Something that is readily achievable enough for it to persuade me to get one..........G

·
Administrator
17,091 Posts
Nope.....it pretty much is what it is.;) PCIII, exhausts, high flow air cleaner, different sprockets......are all you can do to make this bike a bit more powerful. If you want to do engine work, then more power to ya "hopefully".:mrgreen:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Go away, the Strom is not for you.

·
0 Posts
Who wants a bike where "ridability" is not an issue:confused:

Lot's of bikes offer 120HP stock....but not the Strom.

I'd say, for sake of everything, including your wallet, go buy one of them.

I'm just sayin...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Someone on the other Strom forum put an SV engine in their Strom, or is still working on it. There was a recent discussion in the DL1000 forum about what it might take other than that, lot's of engine work.

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
Just read that thread from the VSRI forum. A WTF1100. I like that. I might get some WTF650 stickers made for my Wee, just because of how many people ask me "What the **** is that?".

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Inspiration

Just read that thread from the VSRI forum. A WTF1100. I like that. I might get some WTF650 stickers made for my Wee, just because of how many people ask me "What the **** is that?".
Thank you, thank you, thank you.

That's just the inspiration I needed.
I've got scissors, I've got reflective tape, now I have inspiration.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Not entirely sure of the point of the SV-Strom for 2 primary reasons, who'd want to be on something doing 140mph on a bike that tall and no sports frame, and "If you want a faster bike, buy one" Plenty of quality uber fast Sports Tourers out there, the Blackbird is the first that springs to mind, and you could cross continents on it.

No doubting his technical skill but the whole thing seems an expensive folly to me.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Someone on the other Strom forum put an SV engine in their Strom, or is still working on it. There was a recent discussion in the DL1000 forum about what it might take other than that, lot's of engine work.

Yeah, JohnofChar, the moderator did that and apparently it was an unqualified successful swap. He loves it! Not a cheap mod, but then, neither is doing the required internal engine work to get 120 bhp. Check it out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts