StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've search several threads and haven't found the answer I was looking for. The question is, does the factory Suzuki add on power outlet use regular male plugs(cigarette lighter) like a car does or are they special Suzuki plugs?

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Unlike BMW / Triumph (and may be more) that use the Hella / Din type plug then. I wonder why they went for the bigger one, as the plugs / sockets for cigarette lighters don't seem to be as secure as the others?
Prolly because every piece of gear I want to plug into that outlet uses the lighter format. The Suzi receptacle is high quality and securely captive for my phone chargers, radar cords, and some misc. devices I carry with me.

I have never encountered a BMW style plug on any consumer product in the US and have no desire to use that format. For heated gear, I use the gerbing style coaxial connector wired to a distribution block near the battery.

·
Registered
152 Posts
my GPS plug comes loose every so often while riding.

Otherwise seems great.

I blew a fuse running a very small compressor however.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
my GPS plug comes loose every so often while riding.
Wrap a band of electrical tape around the plug being careful to avoid the negative terminal on the plug. It should keep it from wiggling out.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Thanks -- I will try that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts