StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who are trying to locate a 1/2" drive 12mm allen hex wrench for your Wee front axle, I have finally found it.
Auto Zone has a three piece set, 12mm,14mm and 17mm for about $14.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Another alternative is the piece of 12 mm hex bar about 30 mm long sold by Rick and Gloria at Adventuretech for $3. Then just use any 12 mm wrench. Simple and compact if you don't need the larger hex wrenches for other purposes.

Dave

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
394 Posts
Pep Boys has a similar set as well ... Similar price ...

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
when no one has a 12mm allen wrench in the entire area without buying a 10 piece set of ones you already have, I had to find the hex set.
I tried local hardware stores, big box stores, and auto parts stores.
Auto Zone was the only place with 12mm allen anything.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
yes, my wife picked this up for me

For those who are trying to locate a 1/2" drive 12mm allen hex wrench for your Wee front axle, I have finally found it.
Auto Zone has a three piece set, 12mm,14mm and 17mm for about $14.
My retired wife is my Bespoke Shopper

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sears

12MM Hex = $9

Not a set, just the tool.

It slips nicely into the bag with the rest of the stuff.

They still have one of the best tool selections around.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I got mine off Amazon. Gearwrench 12mm hex 1/2 drive socket, lifetime guarantee. under 8 bucks - the prices change a lot on Amazon, so if it's not a low price, just wait - as long as it's not an emergency.
I also got a 12 mm allen wrench for my underseat tool kit, from Micro Tools, about 7 bucks shipped.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I got mine off Amazon. Gearwrench 12mm hex 1/2 drive socket, lifetime guarantee.
Yeah, I bought one of these too. Good quality and, of course, fits easily on any 1/2-inch drive ratchet or breaker bar.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I had to get one as well. I found the single 12mm socket at napa for $5.99. Harbor freight had the complete set for $12.99 plus I had a 25% off coupon so the whole 9 pieces set for $10.00 and change. I use the 5 and 6 MM a lot on bicycles so a no brainer for me. Also saw the 3 piece set at my local autozone but the harbor freight set had those plus many more for less. Good luck!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts