StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I’m new to the forum but have been reading the post for a while. I got into riding a year and a half ago after I acquired my first Vstrom a 2009 DL650. Bike was a great bike loved it, out a couple thousand miles on it in a year from weekend rides and using as a daily driver to work every day their wasn’t snow on the roads. I had the urge to by a 1050xt, so I ended up riding my DL650 to the only dealer I could find with one in stock and trading it in for the new 1050xt (lucky they had the yellow model I wanted). Turned into a 400 mile round trip so it was fun as well.

I’ve only got 350 miles on my bike so far in 4 days so I wanted to see what other owners thought of this new bike, it’s settings and things they are looking to add onto the bike luggage crash bars ect.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Have to let you know later. Got my orange/white 1050XT on the morning of June 10th. Rode it 6 miles home. Took it out that afternoon for a 10 mile ride and a deer tried to jump over the top of me and didn't make it - T-boned me. Based on my 16 miles of ride time I loved it. Should have the bike back in mid-August and my broken hand and wrist should be ready at the same time. Thank goodness I'm a firm believer in all gear all the time or I wouldn't be doing anything ever again. I can tell you the crash bars are excellent and protect the important components of the bike.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Congratulations Zeb. I hope you're enjoying yours as much as I'm enjoying mine. I went with the Adventure because I feel much better having fog lights/ running lights. I would have added lights and luggage so I didn't feel quite as bad about spending extra. I added mirror extenders and a side stand foot from AdventureTech. . Also installed the GPS cradle that I had from before. I think I'm done adding stuff. I am thinking about how to modify the under cowling so I can see the oil level. I've just removed it for now.

Hey Mac- Getting blindsided by a deer is incredible. I'm glad to hear you are doing well.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Zeb, I also picked up a yellow one less than a week ago. I rode for many years and got out of riding about 4 years ago but started getting the bug again to ride not to long ago. So far I'm adjusting to the bike and relearning some things. It is a great bike and I'm adjusting to the throttle and clutch better and better at slow speeds. I have added my GPS and am waiting for some side cases and carrier rack from SW Motech to be delivered sometime. If I do any long distance miles I'll likely add an aftermarket seat as I am not a fan of the seat on the XT. I will add heated grips later on after the summer (probably Oxford grips). I've yet to decide if I'll move the bar back with some Rox risers or not. So enjoy the bike and put on many miles and smiles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts