StromTrooper banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks! I'm not sure about performance although the sound makes it seems faster Lol. I already notice the 4 pound weight difference when I use my rear spool stand. I like using a rear stand as opposed to the center stand while in my garage as the center stand kind of digs into my treated floor.

The heat shield came with the Yoshimura exhaust.

The skid plate I have is made by Hepco & Becker and it fits with the OEM set up. I love it! When you click on the link, it will have the drop down menu for the black one. The link is below.

Nice setup.

How does the Yoshi affect engine performance, if at all?

That heat shield, is that the stock one or did it come with the muffler?

And where did you get that bash plate from? All I can find are shiny, stick-out-like-dogs-balls aluminium ones that looked darned ugly.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I put one on my 18’ and love it. Besides the stock one being huge and ugly (IMHO) being able to hear a motorcycle can’t hurt. It’s not loud at all but certainly makes more noise than the stock one. How you ride makes more of a difference than what exhaust you run in most cases.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hope not to be beating a dead horse, but has anyone felt any power loss or issues having installed a 2013-2019 DL1000 aftermarket exhaust on a 2020/2021 DL1050?

Here in Europe the 2019 DL1000 is a 'Euro 4' emissions compliant motorcycle, while the 2020 DL1050 is 'Euro 5'. So all DL1050 aftermarket exhaust on sale are Euro 5 approved. I dont want to limit myself to these couple of new exhausts as my country does not carry out emission testing on motorcycles.

Thus I am wondering if the 2020/2021 DL1050 in the US seem to run fine with DL1000 exhaust (so I can broaden my options). It also seems the mounting points between the two generations are the same.

Much appreciated,

21 - 25 of 25 Posts