StromTrooper banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the 1050 exhaust and link pipe are the same as the previous gen? To my eye they look the same but I'd like to be certain.

Thanks.

Motorcycle accessories Vehicle brake Auto part Suspension part Suspension

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 1050 xt has a piece of exhaust wrapping if removed you can install a 2019 exhaust. I did that with the Yoshimura i have on my bike.
Works great the only problem is no attachment points for the exhaust shield.
View attachment 280822 View attachment 280823 View attachment 280824
Thanks Lazos. I'm looking at exhausts too and have to look at 2019 PN's since most don't have new PN's to fit our 1050s. Is the shield you are mentioning the hard plastic one with the 4mm allen head to lock it in? If so I guess its not a big deal as long as my wife keeps her foot clear of it. Since you removed the heat wrap is the bond tight meaning no leaks etc?

·
Registered
41 Posts
No leaks, I have to exhaust since May with no problems. Yes the hard plastic shield.The new Yoshi comes with a shield.The 1st pic is from 2020 exhaust
Motor vehicle Motorcycle Transport Automotive tire Fuel tank
Tire Motor vehicle Wheel Automotive tire Motorcycle

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So there are 2 different exhausts? Non-carbon has shield but carbon doesn't?

·
Registered
41 Posts
The 2019 exhaust is for a vstrom 1000 and was available in carbon. For the 2020 vstrom 1050 is available only non-carbon with a shield.
Look at Revzilla for both model years and you will see the difference .

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The 2019 exhaust is for a vstrom 1000 and was available in carbon. For the 2020 vstrom 1050 is available only non-carbon with a shield.
Look at Revzilla for both model years and you will see the difference .
Ah, ok, thanks. I’m considering GPR brand which so far seems to have the deepest tone, as best I can tell. They don’t have pn’s for the 1050 but as you have indicated I may just have to remove the wrapping. I’ll call them after Christmas and see what they say. Funny how most aftermarket exhausts are made overseas.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I'm not a big fan of changing exhausts on bikes and would like to know what would be the advantage over the stock in doing this?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There's no advantage I'm aware of other than enhancing the sound. Some may say you get more HP/Torque but I think that would only be on paper. I'm looking for a little deeper tone, that's it. I recently ordered an exhaust made by GPR, which should be shipping soon from Italy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm not a big fan of changing exhausts on bikes and would like to know what would be the advantage over the stock in doing this?
Hi
The biggest advantage for me in replacing slip on muffler is getting rid of the big ugly stock muffler which I just didn’t like the look of. No noticeable performance gain but replacement is lighter and I think sounds nicer.
Tim

·
Registered
8 Posts
There's no advantage I'm aware of other than enhancing the sound. Some may say you get more HP/Torque but I think that would only be on paper. I'm looking for a little deeper tone, that's it. I recently ordered an exhaust made by GPR, which should be shipping soon from Italy.
I'm looking for an exhaust with just a hair more sound, but nothing that's going to blast eardrums and turn heads for blocks. Any chance you have a link to where you heard the GPR? Or even better maybe you can post a video of yours?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks everyone for the information. I installed my Yoshimura last night and just took her out for a ride. I love the sound compared to stock. Not too loud, but just right. I was hoping it was not as obnoxious as my M4 exhaust on my GSX-S750 :). This is very well made and arrived carefully packaged. BTW, it fits perfect and does not touch the Givi set up. Yoshimura gets the thumbs up!
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
'21 1050XT
181 Posts
Hi
The biggest advantage for me in replacing slip on muffler is getting rid of the big ugly stock muffler which I just didn’t like the look of. No noticeable performance gain but replacement is lighter and I think sounds nicer.
Tim
Today I removed the Akrapovic off the DL1000A. Tomorrow it gets traded on a new 1050XT. Before I put the stock muffler back on I weighed them. The Akra is around 1kg lighter (or 2.2 Ibs for those who measure things in cubits, still).

It'll be interesting to see if the 1050 muffler is heavier again. Certainly looks like it is.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Today I removed the Akrapovic off the DL1000A. Tomorrow it gets traded on a new 1050XT. Before I put the stock muffler back on I weighed them. The Akra is around 1kg lighter (or 2.2 Ibs for those who measure things in cubits, still).

It'll be interesting to see if the 1050 muffler is heavier again. Certainly looks like it is.
The stock on the 1050XT felt like boat anchor when I removed it:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks everyone for the information. I installed my Yoshimura last night and just took her out for a ride. I love the sound compared to stock. Not too loud, but just right. I was hoping it was not as obnoxious as my M4 exhaust on my GSX-S750 :). This is very well made and arrived carefully packaged. BTW, it fits perfect and does not touch the Givi set up. Yoshimura gets the thumbs up! View attachment 291367 View attachment 291368
Hi there, Just wondering what length and diameter the Yoshi is please? Looks real nice !

·
Registered
'21 1050XT
181 Posts
Thanks everyone for the information. I installed my Yoshimura last night and just took her out for a ride. I love the sound compared to stock. Not too loud, but just right. I was hoping it was not as obnoxious as my M4 exhaust on my GSX-S750 :). This is very well made and arrived carefully packaged. BTW, it fits perfect and does not touch the Givi set up. Yoshimura gets the thumbs up! View attachment 291367 View attachment 291368
Nice setup.

How does the Yoshi affect engine performance, if at all?

That heat shield, is that the stock one or did it come with the muffler?

And where did you get that bash plate from? All I can find are shiny, stick-out-like-dogs-balls aluminium ones that looked darned ugly.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts