StromTrooper banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2020 1050XA
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had to refresh my memory on the drive modes (Drive Mode Selector, traction control, and ABS Modes)- thought perhaps others do as well:

Drive Mode Selector (SDMS):
  • A Mode provides sharp throttle response.
  • B Mode provides a moderate throttle response.
  • C Mode provides the softest throttle response of the three modes

Traction Control System (TC):
  • The rider can select one of four modes (1, 2, 3 and OFF). The three modes differ in terms of rear wheel spin sensitivity.
  • Mode 1 is the lowest sensitivity level it allows a certain degree of rear wheel spin and is best suited for good road conditions.
  • Mode 2 is a moderate sensitivity level the system engages traction control sooner than Mode 1 and is for average road conditions.
  • Mode 3 is the highest sensitivity level the system engages traction control sooner and is for poor road conditions, like wet and cold surfaces.
  • OFF disengages all traction control features the rider has sole control of the engine’s throttle and any resulting rear wheel spin.

ABS Mode:
  • ABS mode 1 provides minimal anti-lock brake intervention
  • ABS mode 2 provides more anti-lock brake intervention than Mode 1
  • Remember: The ABS system cannot be switched off – it is always active
Ride safe!

·
Registered
111 Posts
You sure you got that right? Pretty sure SDMS is the throttle mapping (which you obviously can't "turn off") and Traction Control which definitely does have an "off" function. Certainly looks that way in my shop manual, but haven't wandered out to the garage to pull a cover off and fire it up.

·
Registered
2020 V-strom 1050XT
104 Posts
It is possible to turn off ABS. Start bike, ride a few feet till ABS and TC turn off. Keep motor running, put on center stand, shift to 4th gear, while holding in clutch lever. hold front brake and slowly release clutch. After wheel spins the ABS light comes on! Now you have no ABS brakes! You can turn off bike momentarily by using right hand kill switch. Once you use key ignition you'll have to repeat the fourth gear routine .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts