StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was not going to mention this as there are so many high mileage, flawless V-Stroms.

How does Suzuki expect to get repeat customers when they build a bike that will not die?

No issues. Nothing. Press "Start" and go and go and go.

I no longer pay for preventative maintenance. I no longer exceed requirements of maintenance schedule. Two oil changes, one filter.

Although I would love to, I may never buy another bike.

2005 DL650. Performance non-stop.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Stories like this make me real happy with my purchase and are the best advertisement for the bike. I hope to join the 100K club.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I was not going to mention this as there are so many high mileage, flawless V-Stroms.

How does Suzuki expect to get repeat customers when they build a bike that will not die?

I no longer pay for preventative maintenance. I no longer exceed requirements of maintenance schedule. Two oil changes, one filter.

with 612 miles on my 2011, it's the plethora of stories like yours that
1) Made the decision to buy it easy
2) Made me come to the same conclusion about possibly buying another bike

·
Registered
230 Posts

Questions for you and your 63,000 miles/101,000 KM.

How many chains and sprockets have you replaced over the 101,000 KM?

How many valve checks did you bother doing, and of that count... how many actually required and valve shimming to be done?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
I'd really like a 2012 but my 2007 has leas than 70,000 miles on it.

·
Premium Member
4,960 Posts
Just passed 90000km on Freya, My Vee.

Other than normal maintenance and a replaced Air Intake Temp. Sensor, she's been a good girl. Oh, I had a rad problem, leak at the left top mount area.

She's a zoomer...

·
Registered
11 Posts
It is tough to justify getting a new fancy bike like a Tenere, GS anything, Multistrada, etc when the V-Stroms are less money & just as reliable. I am always looking for a good deal on bikes but just can't find a better one than the V-Strom.

·
Registered
391 Posts
At what mileage do you figure it was truly "broken in"? I have 900 on my 2011 and I've heard that it actually sounds different as the miles increase.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
I noticed changes at 600 miles and at 50,000 miles. The engine loosened up at 600, including making more noise. At 50,000, it seemed more precise yet more agile. Tapered roller steering head bearings and new wheel bearings certainly contributed to those feelings. Lowering the front 13mm and adding a fork brace helped earlier on.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
84,000km's on my 2009

its on its third chain, switched to a 530 last time, seems like it will outlast the first two combined.
6th back tire, Trail Wing, Shinko 705bias, Tourance, trail wing, Shinko 705 Radial, Darkside....
third Front.... Trail Wing, Tourance, Shinko705 Radial...

front and rear wheel bearings..... oill changes, spark plugs twice, airfilters...

bike just goes and goes and goes..... Suzuki Motors are bulletproof in my experience...

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
47,000+km on my 09 Wee.

So far:
Routine services.
On 4th set of tyres, still with plenty of tread (and the last rear is in the back shed, only half worn and will go back on in the future).
Fitted first set of rear pads 200km ago, original fronts still in and look like making 60-80,000km

Original chain and sprockets will make 50,000km+ (and could almost get away with replacing just the chain- but I will replace the sprockets too).

Absolutely no issues with this bike and it just keeps getting faster and smoother.

Maybe not quite as dirt capable as I'd like; but a bash plate, more suitable tyres and improving my skills can overcome that I think.

Best "all round" bike I've found so far, and best value bar none.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts