StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Until somebody gets the new wheels and measures them, I don't think we will know. Historically, the 1000 has had a bigger diameter front axle than the 650 and that is likely to continue to be the case.

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,256 Posts
My best guess would be "no". With the all new suspension there is likely a different spacing between fork tubes. As well as different axle diameters like before. Not to say it cannot be done. If there is one thing I simply do not care for on a V Strom, it is the weak 3 spoke wheel design. I like the looks of the '14 Vee wheels!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My best guess would be "no". With the all new suspension there is likely a different spacing between fork tubes. As well as different axle diameters like before. Not to say it cannot be done. If there is one thing I simply do not care for on a V Strom, it is the weak 3 spoke wheel design. I like the looks of the '14 Vee wheels!
I love everything about my 13 650 except the ugly 3 spoke wheels. I have seen a thread about a true spoke option but lots of $$$$$. The 10 spoke 1000 wheel would be a huge improvement

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
That's funny. Back in the 1980's a big seller was cast wheels to replace stock spoked wheels.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts