StromTrooper banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't had much luck on finding the info on the site in spite of extensive searches. Probably a failure of my search skills...:confused:

If it's possible and I'm reading things correctly, I've compared parts fiches of the 2 and I'm thinking all I need to switch would be spacers. That said, I'm clueless as to whether it's even doable.

Any place to look for the info? Any one done it?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
The rear wheels are the same.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Chia, Maybe mount up something other a tkc 80 for the rides/times that a more streetable tire would be indicated. Save the conti for the rough stuff. Spares. A friend just bent a 650 wheel and blew up a fairly new tkc 80 on some biggish rocks we were forced to clear on Sun.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Greywolf, thanks! I thought I had remembered that you said something like that recently.

Does that "the rear wheels are the same" mean that they directly mount up if I have a complete assembly? Spacers, axles, et al?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
You would need to check the ancillary pieces. I'm just talking about the wheel assembly itself, including bearings. I'm glad you followed up though. The 650 wheel has to be a pre 2007 model. The 650s went to a larger disc hub to make room for ABS sensor rings in 2007.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts