StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, hard to say it better. Took off Friday and met a group of Vintage Bike Riders in Blowing Rock, NC. We spend 3 days riding all over the hills of NC/VA/TN.

Got to ride the "Snake" without a soul in front of me - You have got to love the Stom in this situation. You can lean almost forever, great acceleration, good backpressure, good brakes for this kind of riding. It you haven't ridden it: It is in Shady Valley, TN. Mom and Pop store at lower end with usually 100 bikes in the parking lot. Watch out for the Squids as they really work this one hard. Saw at least 2 other Stroms in the parking lot.

In the tire kicking sessions I heard over and over - everone who has a Strom loves it. I can't think of any bike I would have rather had for this whole weekend of riding.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I love my bike! Rode it from Dallas to LA. Then canyon roads above Malibu. At home anywhere!

·
Registered
82 Posts
The snake

Weekends turn into "combat zone" time. Totally differnt place during the week. The squids do add to the excitement tho when you meet them half way into your lane....

·
Until we meet again
5,436 Posts
I rode The Snake for the first time a few weeks ago. Great section between Mountain City, TN and Bristol, TN. It was during business hours on a Friday and had very little traffic. We caught a few dump trucks, so we turned around and rode back down it, waited in a nice spot then did it again. Great road. I'll take it over the Dragon any day. We also stopped at the store you mentioned. We were the only two bikes, and I think there were one or two other cars coming and going. Great spot, great road. Loved it. :hurray:

·
Registered
157 Posts
I rode The Snake for the first time a few weeks ago. Great section between Mountain City, TN and Bristol, TN. It was during business hours on a Friday and had very little traffic. We caught a few dump trucks, so we turned around and rode back down it, waited in a nice spot then did it again. Great road. I'll take it over the Dragon any day. We also stopped at the store you mentioned. We were the only two bikes, and I think there were one or two other cars coming and going. Great spot, great road. Loved it. :hurray:
Drove that in a 450hp all wheel drive wagon a few years ago when I used to do business in that area. Week days were awesome for flying up and down that road. Oh, the smell of overheating brakes!

Would like to do it on a bike one day...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts