StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have all the parts scattered out in the shop and will build it when i go in tomorrow i will get some pics of it when im done for you guys if you are interested

·
Administrator
17,508 Posts
I'm interested. Had a chance to ride one this weekend, I decided it was best that I did not do so.

·
Banned
1,121 Posts

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
I'm interested. Had a chance to ride one this weekend, I decided it was best that I did not do so.
Your mistake. I took that chance this weekend and liked it a lot. But I realized once again how smooth the powertrain on my Wee is. PS. I just noticed that you ride 1000. In this case, I guess you're right. This bike is much nicer then the older model. ( I guess i can juge here since I used to own 2 Vee). It feels much lighter and nimble, way better suspennsion, gear box, breakes, power delivery and lot of other extras and on dashboard infos. Maybe in 2 years or so...at list in my case.

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i put her together today,lots of fun:confused
getting started
saddle bag bracket
, if the bike hits the ground this sucker is toast

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
standard suzuki, its will stop the road derbs and gravel but dont slam it into the ground

the crash bars are some heavy built suckers if you put it down hard enough to bend these check your frame for cracks

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the factory bags are better than the old ones and fit in tight to the bike but they are not real roomy and are shaped weird

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
all finished up

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i really like this new bike, when i'am able I will own one of these , it is all around a much better bike than my old 1000 was :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Dang...just dang!

·
$Whatever$
1,598 Posts
Ah oh...................... I'm getting that weird feeling again.....................:jawdrop:
That is sooooo beautiful.....

·
Banned
1,121 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
I haven't posted - I've been too busy riding - since last Friday.

So glad I waited for the Adventure Model. I love the appearance of the Black bike. What else do I love: the Bags & Hand Guards (thought I might take them off at times - probably never will), the power, the smoothness, the size, the weight, the torque, the handling, the nimbleness, the brakes, the traction control, the suspension, the fuel mileage, the comfort, the look of the bike, the compliments from others regarding my choice of motorcycle, that one of my best friends (with a Gold Wing) has ordered one, and the fact that it is MUCH better than my extremely high hopes would have ever expected.

What I don't like:

1) Having to clean the bugs off the windshield every time I ride. :thumbdown:
2) Having to stop riding to take time to eat, sleep and work. :headbang:

·
Registered
196 Posts
I LIKE IT AWESOME !!! Does the Black Paint have that nice blue and silver flake in it ?Like my 12 Dl 650abs adventure ? Those gold fork tube and new front fairing makes the bike pop out it would turn my head !!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Yes, it is the Glass Sparkle Black. The metallic really shows up out in the sunlight.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
I really wish I didn't find this post, I have that feeling that I will be trading in my 4 month old 650 adv.

·
Registered
159 Posts
By the way, along with all of the features that come with the Adventure Model, I also received both the Standard and the Larger Adventure Windshield. My dealer said it comes from Suzuki with both, at no additional charge. :jawdrop:

The Adventure Model is a major bargain at approximately only $1,000.00 additional cost over the Standard Model. Without the Hard Bags, the other Adventure options included, have to be worth close to $1,000.00. Personally, I see this as a great purchase value. :fineprint:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cost of Adventure extras

I did the math on the cost of the accessories that are the difference between the standard and Adventure and the total, based on Suzuki's website is over $2400. This does not include tax or installation. Seems like a no brainer as long as you like black and like at least some of the accessories!

Ian

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well I unloaded another DL 1000 adventure yesterday and its sitting in my warehouse, so you guys who are drooling for one we have 3 now , 2 adventure models and a plain red one... also unloaded a new 2014 Tenere 1200 yesterday and its sitting beside the DL ,both waiting on me to get to them. the Tenere is a flat grey and sexy as hell :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts