StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 7 seconds.

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,188 Posts
There is a reason for requiring a certain number of posts. If you knew what chasing spammers away was like, it would make more sense.

There is also a rule about padding posts just to get post count up.

·
Super Moderator
16,234 Posts
Tread carefully MVA, you're pushing your luck with the rules. If you don't like the few common sense rules we have, then perhaps this isn't the forum for you? Would've been better to perhaps send one of us mods a PM, over initiating and acting out a thread like this. Rules exist for a reason, doesn't mean you have to like or agree with them. ;)

·
Registered
325 Posts
To the OP, I see how it can be frustrating, but it’s a small price to pay to ensure a community that we all can enjoy. Look at CL. Few controls on a free classifieds site and it is riddled with riff raff. Only after they put controls ($5 fee for listing cars) did that section get cleaned up. Stay with it. Your count will go up as you get engaged in topics of interest.

·
Super Moderator
4,510 Posts
It might seem like that but our common sense rules have mostly kept this forum mostly safe for its members. We are regularly under attack by spammers and hackers.

We make no apology for expecting new members to undergo a brief probation to ensure that they are genuine before allowing them privileges that could possibly endanger this site. Attempting to post a virus disguised in a .jpg is a well known ruse by hackers.

·
Registered
14,228 Posts
Alex, stick around a while, you'll learn there is a lot of mutual respect among the denizens of the forum.
Well, the occasional snarl but that just adds to the fun.

·
Registered
925 Posts
If you have some legitimate questions and/or useful information to impart, it shouldn't take very long to reach ten posts.
Fortunately I am so much a cave man that I had a few hundred posts before I even figured out how to post photos. Still get them sideways sometimes.

·
Super Moderator
4,510 Posts
FYI

I have just closed another new account based in Surabaya, Indonesia.
Bgoes4112 made two brief posts (one was "+1" and the other was simply "awesome") but each had an image file link included.

One image was https//dwnld.icu/assets/86/CC.jpg and the other https//dwnld.icu/assets/85/e.png
I have modified the links so that they no longer work.

If you see anything similar, stay away and report the post please.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've been enjoying/appreciating the forum for years and I do see a lot of friendliness but also the typical frogs that rip into people for little things.
I get that it can be annoying to deal with newbies comeling in and posting to ask what oil to use. Haha. I appreciate seeing those people met with patience and someone kindly shows them a couple ropes.
I dabbled in performance/souped-up Corvettes for a few years and THAT crowd was more hostile. As much as I do identify largely with them, the car community in general is worse IMO.
The only exception would be my vintage VW family; that group is most friendly 😆

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
What hostility would you be referring to? A brand new member runs afoul of some of the few rules of the site, and gets a pretty low-key reminder of this from some of the mods and long term members; is this what now qualifies as hostility? If so, I'll need to recalibrate my forum hostility meter, in case I end up on ADV Rider and the typical responses there cause it to have a meltdown.

·
Registered
14,228 Posts
", in case I end up on ADV Rider and the typical responses there cause it to have a meltdown"

Heavens, not unpleasantries from the stand on the pegs crowd? I love the elitists and the sexual intellectuals, that's F-ing know it alls.
I guess I never read enough there. I got some help when I joined but only log in when I'm chasing a link there.
The for sales there has some benefit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Oops. I didn't realize there is a rule on posting photos. I posted a pic of my Beamer the v2 replaced in the new member greeting section. I also rode bikes about 40 years before I took a safety course, must be a little slow.

·
Super Moderator
16,234 Posts
Oops. I didn't realize there is a rule on posting photos. I posted a pic of my Beamer the v2 replaced in the new member greeting section. I also rode bikes about 40 years before I took a safety course, must be a little slow.
If you were able to post a pic, then apparently it's not a problem or against the rules? :wink2:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts