StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from a 3 week trip to Thailand. 10 of those days included a guided motorcycle tour of Northern Thailand and Laos. My ride was a 2018 VStrom 650 yellow bike, and I loved the bike! Now to find the right time to buy one which will hopefully happen within the next year.

The trip was a first time ever for me to ride an adventure bike, and the only modification on the bike was a lowered suspension. So even my 5' 8.5" body with a 29' inseam was able to flat foot it. I found the power to be plenty for my needs, and it handled my heavyweight easily in the moutains.

Just a quick synopsis of the trip. First 2 days were rainy and not a lot of fun on steep, slick mountain roads in Laos. With those roads conditions I was barely moving at about 25KM/h, but I made it through. The roads on our route in Laos sucked. Lots of heavy truck loads have torn up the roads as the Chinese are building a high speed rail line from China to eventually Singapore. The roads in Thailand are great for riding. Most of our riding in Thailand was on fast wide sweeping roads allowing for high speeds while easily maintaing lines. It was super fun on those fast sweepers. Thhis was my second trip to ride Thailand and will not be my ;ast.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts