StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
Administrator
13,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hit 10,000 miles on my 2012 DL650 (NewStrom.) I turned over 16,094 km yesterday.

I bought it March 12 2012 and am absolutely loving it more every day!

Anyone else up there yet?

..Tom

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
wow, I bought mine in April and only have 1000 on it ! I see you are in Canada, so I can't use our endless rain as an excuse so will just have to say that I have not had much time for it yet, other than short commutes to work. Tomorrow though, rain or shine, I am going on a five day ride through MT / ID !

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
So Tom, you're on target for 30,000 miles this year?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
I'm getting old. I only have 2000 miles and just cancelled the Oregon trip. I'm not feeling great and had a route choice between 100F temps or severe thunderstorms. I handled those last year on trips to Idaho and Maine and was not happy.

·
Registered
90 Posts
mileage

I am just under 8k. My bike was down for three weeks (due to other higher priorites), putting a Rostra cruise control on and now it deosn't work. At all. Will trouble shoot at a later date.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Tom - you might need to rename this the Lonely Vee Club for a while - that's a wad of miles! I'm still under 15,000 miles on my pristine not-hardly-ridden-enough '07 Wee. BTW - do you own a car?

·
Administrator
13,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tom - you might need to rename this the Lonely Vee Club for a while - that's a wad of miles! I'm still under 15,000 miles on my pristine not-hardly-ridden-enough '07 Wee. BTW - do you own a car?
I do have a car although few people believe me as I really don't drive anything unless I absolutely don't have any other choice. My current car is a 2002 VW GTI VR6. It has about 298,000 km. I had a 2007 Porsche Boxster for three years or the mileage would be higher.

..Tom

·
Registered
681 Posts
Tom
Picked mine up at end of March and have 4000km to date. I was out of the country for nearly month on vacations in April, but looking at a longer trip later this summer that will boost the mileage.
Ken

·
Administrator
13,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So Tom, you're on target for 30,000 miles this year?
Don't know, Norm.. Gf isn't yet ready for high mileage rides although she has certainly been riding a lot. We r egging to take a week in July and head over to Lake Placid area and we'll see how she does. We did about 400 km yesterday. Once she can do back to back 800 km days wi no issues then I suspect the mileage wil strt rolling on quickly for me.

..Tom

·
Administrator
13,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm getting old. I only have 2000 miles and just cancelled the Oregon trip. I'm not feeling great and had a route choice between 100F temps or severe thunderstorms. I handled those last year on trips to Idaho and Maine and was not happy.
I found that sports drinks like Gateraide made a huge difference for my ability to handle 100 degree f days when I went to Grand Canyon and Death Valley last year. (I had many back to back days in the 100's.)If you arent already doing so try it next time you are riding in heat.

..Tom

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,520 Posts
I hit 10,000 miles on my 2012 DL650 (NewStrom.) I turned over 16,094 km yesterday.

I bought it March 12 2012 and am absolutely loving it more every day!

Anyone else up there yet?

..Tom.
You are an animal!

(And, I mean that in the nicest possible way!)

·
Registered
272 Posts
I'm getting old. I only have 2000 miles and just cancelled the Oregon trip.
Nahhhh....... Your not getting old.. Your just growing up... being a little
"paticular" in your want's needs and desires...

At least that's how I 'splain it... I hate the "O" word.. I'll never grow up!!!

mitch

·
Registered
314 Posts
Tom,

Can you give us all a little write-up on how the new Wee compares to the old one?

Only if you have time of course. Especially with all the kms you put on. :mrgreen:

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Tom,

Can you give us all a little write-up on how the new Wee compares to the old one?

Only if you have time of course. Especially with all the kms you put on. :mrgreen:
Sign this man up for the snarky wit club.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
I'm getting old. I only have 2000 miles and just cancelled the Oregon trip. I'm not feeling great
Yep, health issues suck. 2000 miles here since I got the bike in February, but I also did 1000 on the '07. Between the sciatica and brutal asthma I haven't felt like doing much of anything most of the time. Good news is that the spinal shot fixed the sciatica and the asthma is just about gone. I even feel like doing the first oil change on the '12 :mrgreen: Better late than never.

1 - 20 of 167 Posts