StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if any DL1k owners who have added a tooth to their rear sprocket can give a report? Stromette is interested if there's any significant increase in vibration at higher speeds? Please post only if you have done the change or ridden a Strom w/the added tooth.

·
0 Posts
I went up two teeth to a 43 tooth rear sprocket when I recently replaced the chain and sprockets. I feel as though the bike is smoother (it is obviously pulling more revs) and it is a little bit quicker in any gear. I rode it 14,000 miles with the stock gearing and always felt it was overgeared with the stock 17/41 combo. My DL1000 likes to run above 4000 revs and in 6th gear at about 4000 RPM, I am showing an actual 61 MPH on my GPS. The change in gearing did cause an even more inaccurate odometer/speedometer. At 75 MPH indicated, my GPS shows 65 MPH actual speed. The odometer is now approx. 5.5% fast. I haven't noticed any reduction in gas mileage since I have only put about 800 miles on the bike since the change. But hey, it runs better and I would do it again.

Dennis

1 - 2 of 2 Posts