StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Ex- moderator
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im considering the Adventuretech LED lights, they offer 2 spots, 2 floods or one of each. Whats the consensus on best choice & why?.. If I go for one of each I assume that the flood would go on the curb side of the bike..
I look forward to your opinions..

·
Registered
455 Posts
Spot

The LED is very bright and when mounted low, around front wheel hub height, the headlight/LED combo sends out an unusual triangle of light that may attract cagers' attention. The problem is beam dispersion. A flood might have a 10 degree angle and at 100 meters it is fully dispersed. A spot might have a 5 or even 3 degree angle so it will still be fairly concentrated at that distance but not at 200-300 meters. ADVMonster sells a 1 degree unit but its lumen out put is too high for street use and cannot be dimmed (but could be turned off). I have found the aux LED in 10 watt are noticeable visually within 50 meters but will not light up anything beyond that unless is it a reflective sign like a speed limit sign. It will not help much with deer. I have them for day time defensive purposes, not for night time lighting up the scene in front of me.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Don't know about Adventuretech. I have been running cyclops motorsports LED's. Flood on the curb side, often with a yellow filter and 10 degree spot on the left slaved to tf he high beam. Have em chin mounted on a home made bracket . Fanastic setup, works great, no complaints from oncoming traffic when used intelligently. Nice to be able to use the trigger on the high beam to become conspicuous when needed.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
I installed Rigid Dually LEDs and went with a 10 degree spot on the left and the 20 degree flood on the right, fork mounted. I'm happy with that choice after testing it out on really dark and curvy rural roads. I would do it again the same way.

·
Registered
105 Posts
If you never rode at night, (or never plan to), like myself, would spots X2 be the correct choice? I am a big fan of riding with the high beam on all the time to be seen and I'm thinking of some crash bar mounted led's.
Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts