StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever lowered their Strom 1.5 inches? I'm on my tippy-toes at stop signs, but unsure if I need the 1 or 1.5.

Thanks.

·
Registered
174 Posts

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
1.5 inches in the suspension alone runs the danger of bottoming it. Up to 3/4" in front and 1-1/4" seems to be doable. One problem is most riders seem to like a lower front better.

·
Administrator
17,099 Posts
A lower seat or a different bike, are the most logical choices in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
I just recently lowered mine 3/4" in the rear with the KB links and 5/8" in the front. Surprised me how much lower it made the bike feel when stopping on uneven surfaces. I've found no negative effect and it doesn't make even a significant difference on getting it onto the center stand which I think the Strom is the easiest bike I have ever had to get onto one. I had resisted lowering the rear due to concern over hitting the SWM center stand on my Gap commute and I have taken a couple of rides over with no scrapes yet but........I do not push it anywhere near as far as when I was young and more foolish:)..and healed faster.

Anything over an inch lower in the rear would be pushing it too far in my opinion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts