StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the bike is done 2007 DL 1000 6" over swing arm extensions 2 brothers slip ons, JSD (TRE switch), air shifter w/on board air compressor w/gauge & regulator, 16 tooth sprocket front, forks lowered w/ new internal spacer & pushed up in triple trees 6", new rear tire stleath 003 by shinko 150x60x17, cut down seat, lowering rear links 1.5", shift light
the bike runs great made 6 1/4 mile runs I weigh 265 lbs. best time was 12.03 @108.64 other times were 12.11, 12.15, 12.29, 12.13, 12.05 all were 107.96 - 108.77 rear spring or valving is way 2 soft for any hard launch w/the swingarm ext. the bike just wants to stand up. I believe this bike will run in the high 11's after I get the rear end figured out. pics will come this weekend.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sure but I am large guy 6-1 260 do not like CR's uncomfortable to sit on I like the v twins & the power to weight is great love the dl 1000

·
Registered
15 Posts
I wasn't trying to be an ass, just curious. I here of a lot of bigger guys tracking the huge Suzuki Hayabusa 1300cc bikes. They sure look fast as hell to me.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
11.94 @ 109.9 with what size rider? i am 265 money doesn't matter it is having fun & by the way I am part owner of a bike shop & my partner is a machinest so you figure it out I guess you know nothing about drag racing???

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wasn't trying to be an ass, just curious. I here of a lot of bigger guys tracking the huge Suzuki Hayabusa 1300cc bikes. They sure look fast as hell to me.
my bud has one turbo big bore kit lowered ext arm etc etc all the bells & whistles he tips the scales at 280 has about 14,000 in it runs 8.90's but high maintainence he sucks on the lights I beat him all the time cool to hear him coming running me down

·
Registered
15 Posts
I remember breakin into the 10's back in 81. My GS1100E turned 10.86 with basically no more than a tire and jetting to the carbs. Bike shop or not, alot hoopla for braggin' rights.:cool:

·
Registered
22,264 Posts
11.94 @ 109.9 with what size rider? i am 265 money doesn't matter it is having fun & by the way I am part owner of a bike shop & my partner is a machinest so you figure it out I guess you know nothing about drag racing???

I weigh 300 when I'm all geared up, and have ran similar times (low 12's high 11s )with a bone stock carbed SV650. I'd be surprised of I couldn't ET in the mid 11's with my stock 07 Vee

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
2,568 Posts
Okay, we've got to see some video of this, Joe T.

And good on ya for doing something different and keeping the world from being a boring place. :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No...you're right...I know nothing about drag racing. I DO know that a '78 Rayjay turbocharged GS1000 blew the doors off of my '78 KZ1000 (it really didn't have doors) in '79. But I know nothing about speed:mrgreen:
IT'S CALLED BRACKET RACING AND LIKE ANYTHING ELSE, IF IT FEELS GOOD & YOU CAN AFFORD IT (WHICH I CAN) THEN DO IT. I SEE YOUR ALL ABOUT SPEED ,WELL THATS NOT WHAT WINS RACES IN BRACKET RACING FOR MONEY AT THE TRACK, I RUN AGAINST FASTER BIKES ALL THE TIME I AM TALKING 9 & 10 SEC BIKES WELL GUESS WHAT I BEAT THEM ALL THE TIME BECAUSE I AM THE BETTER RACER AT THAT TIME I CUT A BETTER LIGHT & I RUN CLOSER TO MY DIAL. I DO NOT RIDE WHAT EVERY BODY ELSE RIDES I MAKE IT INTO WHAT I WANT IT TO BE FOR ME. SO PLEASE DO NOT COMMENT ON THINGS YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT JUST TO SAY SOMETHING.YOU MAY KNOW ABOUT SPEED ON THE STREET BUT YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT DRAG RACING AT THE TRACK.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Joe T
Don't worry about what has been said here. These people don't understand what it takes to run the published 1/4 numbers at the track- a lightweight rider who can launch the bike HARD. There are not a lot of guys with the balls to do that. And yeah, bracket racing is about being consistent, not all out speed, at least if you want to take home the money. THat's something else that is difficult to acheive on anything manually shifted, let alone with one drive wheel.
Thanks for posting your numbers. For your size they seem pretty good.
I haven't taken the wee to the track, and don't plan to. The last bike I had up there was my 95 magna, which had a published time of somewhere around 12.6, if I remember right. The best I could do was a 13.75, because I DIDN'T have the balls to tach it up and dump it, and also I weighed at that time about 245- 260 with gear. I did get 110 mph in the quarter though, which was a good indication my tuning was working, which was what I wanted to check anyway. As I'm sure you know, HP is generally related to mph, while torque makes ET.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks to the few that do understand the concept of drag racing & having fun. the whole thing of the dL 1000 was the amount of HP available in such a light bike that I feel comfortable on. I have had them all honda to harley this bike is FUN! for a low cost. the dl had .6 miles on it when I unloaded it at the track broke it in real quick that nite. in my pic is my 06 m109 what a beast it runs 11.77 with only a few mods dynoed at 114 hp w/only a TRE & set of air cleaners. that now has a side car on it i guess I have to much $$$ . well looks like we burnt this thread to death keep it safe. I am going to the track on sat just put in 1.5 lowerings links & strapped the front end.
can't wait to run the cam-am spyder I ordered a few weeks back test rides are next weekend at the dealer.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
pics of the DL 1000 drag race bike

the bike ran 11.70 @ 110.21 after some front end strapping today 60' times picked up also

Attachments

·
No longer riding.
1,520 Posts
I have always been a fan of drag racing, but never really got into all the tech stuff. The bike does look COOL! Good luck with it.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Can't say I understand the attraction of drag racing, but if you're having fun with your bike, who cares. It's your bike and your money. You certainly have built something unique. I guess I am surprised at how slow the big Strom is though. I know it didn't feel quick (compared to my Triumph 955) when I demo'd one.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Why change the front sprocket to a 16? I would think higher gearing would be better for 1/4 mile, lower gearing for top end.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts