StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for the right 1/2 travel cover for the Wee which will fit a Wee with a givi screen & a givi box on the rear. I need it to pack up small. I asking because I only want to buy it once. I would like to get the right one the first time on something for a change :)

·
Registered
392 Posts
cover

I'm just about ready to buy the Nelson-Rigg UV-2000 in the extra large size. There's a review on the "Motorcycle Superstore" website about one used on a Wee with a shield and top box and said that size fits perfectly. Don't take this as gospel, I've not got mine yet.

Bill H.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the information fellas:thumbup:

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have the Nelson-Rigg UV-2000 for quick trips and commuting to work. It is small when packed up and appears to be good quality. It fits really well and keeps the sun and rain off of the electronics and the seat. I use a larger Dowco for full coverage when prying eyes might be tempted.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I use a kwikover (http://www.kwikover.com although the site appears to be down right now). Luggage doesn't matter, since it anchors to the back of the seat and packs into it's own little bag there. The downside is that it pretty much just keeps rain and sun off the seat and dash, not much else. I love it for commuting-if it's going to rain during the day, I just unzip it and roll it out.

If you're looking to spend more, this is another brand I looked at prior to going with the kwikover: GEZA GEAR | Stretch Fit Custom Motorcycle Covers

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
4,609 Posts
+1 on the kwiKover. I used one for number of years when I commuted to work. Worked great, easy on, easy off, and easy storage. Always there.

I believe it was made by Laminar Products but they don't seem to list it on their website anymore. Too bad, great product.

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,439 Posts
I have used the Nelson Rigg UV 2000 on three different bikes. They are extremely lightweight, dry very quickly ( don't seem to mind being put away wet for a day or two either ), quick to put on and take off. The price is cheap. I like to think they are a theft deterrent when parking to eat or overnight at a motel.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have used the Nelson Rigg UV 2000 on three different bikes. They are extremely lightweight, dry very quickly ( don't seem to mind being put away wet for a day or two either ), quick to put on and take off. The price is cheap. I like to think they are a theft deterrent when parking to eat or overnight at a motel.
I just bought a UV-2000, I like it..do you think that if I cover the bike right after my commute the exhaust will melt the cover? I wanna cover the bike after riding it to work but I cannot wait for the exhaust to cool. Have you tried it?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts