StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
While shopping for new bikes today, the dealership mentioned he had a used Wee in stock:

7000 miles
ABS

The farkles included highway pegs, crash bars, tool tube, center stand, hand guards, back seat rest, and an aftermarket wind screen.

The only thing I could see wrong from a visual inspection is the tires were original and definitely had chicken strips on the rear.

They are asking $6500... I think that is a bit high. What do you guys think?

Pics:

·
Registered
14,473 Posts
Check the Kelly Blue Book and similar price guides. If your heart pulls hard enough, any price can be justified. Then there is always buyers remorse plaguing you!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks notacop... I didn't know Kelly Blue Book had a motorcycle section.

According to their estimate, the dealer is asking quite a bit more. KBB is stating $4855 for a 2009 DL650A. All the farkles are worth something more than the KBB number, but that does give me a starting point figure.

Looks like I have some negotiating to do in order to get a reasonable deal.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
...Looks like I have some negotiating to do in order to get a reasonable deal.
Yeah, the used one sounds way too high to me, but it's probably priced in anticipation of a trade or so negotiating.

The price of the new one (especially being 2014 models - not leftover 2013 or 2012 even) sounds very fair to me.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
No more then $5000 for the used one. How they can even ask $6500 for 5 years old used comperig to brand new for few hundreds more.

·
Premium Member
2,245 Posts
If you can swing it, I would go for the new Vstrom 650. The price difference is not worth it. Dealers make more money on used cycles than new ones. Regardless of the low miles, the 09 is not worth more than $5k as stated above. Good luck.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Mind sharing what dealer in OK? I may be lookin for a '14 in a month or so and that seems like a really good price if thats OTD...

agree with others...Ive seen much better deals on used than that on here and other sites...
Think the new 14 is the way to go if you can swing it or look elsewhere for used... pick the. '14 you want and I may take the other lol....

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
ArkieRider: I'd be happy to share that info:

Del City Oklahoma Honda Suzuki | Del City, Oklahoma | okhonda-suzuki.com

I'll confirm if that price includes the freight charge, which I think was quoted around $320.

I don't know how long those two new bikes have been on the showroom floor. One bike had a manufacturing date of 11/13 stamped on the frame. They also had at least 3 Vee's in the showroom and an ADV Wee in the warehouse behind the showroom.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It was nice being able to directly compare the Wee with a Honda NC700X. They had the Honda parked right next to the Wee in the showroom. I know see where the $1K price difference comes into play. The Wee's fit and finish were at a bit higher standard than the NC700X. Also, no ABS on the Honda (unless you pay for the DCT).

The ergonomics of the Wee fit me better than the NC700X. I have a 34" inseam, and could sit on the seat of the Wee and still flat foot the floor. I've done some riding on a KLR650, so I'm used to tall bikes.

They also had a Honda CB500X parked a few bikes away. That bike seemed very small/light compared to the Wee.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts