StromTrooper banner

09 Vee misses above 8k

5K views 41 replies 12 participants last post by  Kevincasey82 
#1 ·
Hopefully I can find someone that knows better than me on this one... I have an 09 Dl1000 with 20k miles which runs and drives great. It does occasionally have what feels like a miss or stumble at full throttle from 8k - 9k RPM. It’s difficult to describe other than it doesn’t pull smoothly when this phenomenon occurs, maybe 5-6 very brief surges while accelerating which I can only guess are misfires on one cylinder. It normally pulls fine and has plenty of power and pulls strong through the entire rpm range, although I don’t run it to the redline that often. I have no FI light or codes in dealer mode.
So far I have:
Replaced the TPS and adjusted to spec per the FSM.
Replaced the throttle bodies and injectors
Synchronized the throttle bodies
Synchronized the secondaries
Tested all sensors and verified in spec per service manual
Cleaned all grounds in ignition circuits.
New NGK iridium plugs
External fuel filter mod
Fuel pressure test and flow check within spec
Replaced ECU
Added ATRE
Added power commander 5 and remapped

I haven’t been able to pull the stator cover cap to check valve clearances because the cap is stuck and rounded the hex, so that’s ordered and on the way. Otherwise it’s a solid bike and never misses a beat under 8k. My OCD perfectionist side needs to figure this out though.
Thanks in advance for any help or insights. ?

See less See more
#41 ·
What PCV map? I was running the map downloaded from Dyno Jet for stock intake and two brothers exhaust and when I had the shop actually tune it the dyno chart shows massive drop at 7500 RPM, they said they had to add a TON of fuel up top to get it right.

#42 ·
What PCV map? I was running the map downloaded from Dyno Jet for stock intake and two brothers exhaust and when I had the shop actually tune it the dyno chart shows massive drop at 7500 RPM, they said they had to add a TON of fuel up top to get it right.
View attachment 270501
So I tried the Dynojet map 1st, I tried every map from this forum that anyone had any luck with. I settled with Cheff’s OMG map as the one that seemed best throughout. I tried making the high end both richer and leaner an additional +15% and -15% from 7000 to redline and was never able to tell too much of a difference.
Funny this turns up here today, as a friend and I went out on some twistys yesterday... he rides a KTM Superduke 1290. Despite knowing he’s faster and can pull harder, the Vee shined! It was smoother, sounded cleaner, really had no trouble keeping up as we both really have the two machines everything the road would handle.
I’ve settled on the factory ECU with +2.5% on the idle circuit via yosh box with the stock air filter and two brothers exhaust with dB killers installed. Not a miss anywhere, all day... not a hesitation, no “I think it could pull harder” at any RPM. Just beautiful, clean, smooth power. The Austrian machine was loud, and sounded a little bit like it was coming apart, despite being plenty fast.
I felt so rewarded for sticking with working through the Vee’s initial glitches.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.