StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!!! My '09 DL 1000 is losing power during my rides where I lose the exhaust note and about 10% of the power for about 5-7 minutes then everything is fine again for 20 minutes or so and this happens over and over during my rides. I also get the occasional backfire through carbs(1-3 times per ride, sometimes at start up), and I am constantly getting 30-32 mpg. TB synced, TPS adjusted, new air cleaner, checked air cleaner boots/on tight, Disconnected PCV just in case that was doing it. I am hoping somebody somewhere might know something so I won't have to take to the Dealer. I was thinking bad ECU?? Thanks in advance!!!!!!!! Bob.... '09 DL 1000.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
'09 Intermittent power loss/ 30-32mpg????

Hey all!!! My '09 DL 1000 is losing power during my rides where I lose the exhaust note and about 10% of the power for about 5-7 minutes then everything is fine again for 20 minutes or so and this happens over and over during my rides. I also get the occasional backfire through carbs(1-3 times per ride, sometimes at start up), and I am constantly getting 30-32 mpg. TB synced, TPS adjusted, new air cleaner, checked air cleaner boots/on tight, Disconnected PCV just in case that was doing it. I am hoping somebody somewhere might know something so I won't have to take to the Dealer. I was thinking bad ECU?? Thanks in advance!!!!!!!! Bob.... '09 DL 1000.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Check battery connections and main ground at both ends.

Add info where you are and model/ mileage to your signature to get better answers.

Also list all the major maintenance items that have been done recently or are overdue.

Seems to be an intermittent problem, possibly electric. When it does it check if both exhaust are hot or one maybe not as much, missing spark or problems with one injector.

·
Registered
414 Posts
If you have aftermarket pipes and a power commander, I'd check that the power commander doesn't have a loose power connection...

·
Registered
1,860 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I changed plugs, I did find rear TB boot was loose and almost off the TB. I want to do a fuel check next because it is running really good now but still has the exhaust note change/slight power loss during my rides 5-10 minutes at a time then everything is good again?! Love my bike though!! Thanks for all the input...😎😎

1 - 10 of 10 Posts