StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JUst seen pix of the 08 Wee.....the ABS only comes in flat black (??) and the standard comes in flat black and yellow. Neither one is my cup o tea.

Sadly, it would appear the Vee is elHistory as it is not listed.

If I should decide to get another Wee, I think I would change over my blue (05) tanks and panels.

The Tiger is high on my list as well for a replacement mount.

It may be possible that Canada would get an additional and/or different color?

Cheers!

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Heres the pix, hard to tell bout the flat black in the pic.

·
Registered
202 Posts
That's one of my main reasons for getting an 07 BLUE that was on the dealer's floor. I was glad I didn't have to order an 08. Neither 08 color choice was doing it for me.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I suspect there is an insurance company conspiracy....the Blue proved to be just too darn fast....

;)

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Wee Colors

Yeah, but the Gray is Stealthy.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You may have a point there, but stealthy doesnt mean quick/fast....

;)

jk

·
Registered
984 Posts
?

For the past several years I've had a hard time figuring Suzuki out. As a corporate entity I think they suck. Unfortuneatly my prefered company for bikes, Yamaha, doesn't make a bike like the V-Strom. If they still make the TDM its not for the North American market, what a shame. I may end up on a KLR or Verseys if things keep going the way they have been.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tell that to an SR71 pilot!!:) :cool: :-D
Although the SR71 had a reduced radar cross section, it was not considered a stealth aircraft. When it was designed, stealth technology didnt exist as we know it today. It instead depended (its no longer in service with the air force, although NASA may still have 2 of them) on altitude and speed.
The F117 Stealth fighter is a sub-sonic jet, but has a very small radar cross section. The B2 Stealth bomber is also sub-sonic.

But, at any rate, our Wee's, stealthy or not are as fast as they need to be and certainly surprise a number of larger displacement machines!

Cheers

Rick in Canada
Canadian Air Force

:)

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For the past several years I've had a hard time figuring Suzuki out. As a corporate entity I think they suck. Unfortuneatly my prefered company for bikes, Yamaha, doesn't make a bike like the V-Strom. If they still make the TDM its not for the North American market, what a shame. I may end up on a KLR or Verseys if things keep going the way they have been.
A local Kwacker dealer has had a Versys sitting in his showroom since spring. It is actually a pretty nice looking ride, and the one test I have read found it to be a competent bike, but in comparisson to our Wee's, it came up abit short.
I have yet to actually see one out on the road.

Cheers!

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
The F-22 is stealthy, supersonic even without afterburner, has ABS brakes and is grey. I may have to add a decal to my 650.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ahhh yes, but how is it on a gravel road??

Cheers!

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
The Joint Strike Fighter is coming to the Navy and Marines.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts