StromTrooper banner

'08 Wee for sale, asking $7,699

1869 Views 14 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  kangarooman
While looking online at a dealership's website I stumbled across an '08 Strom with over 9800 miles on it for $7,699. It is being advertised as a DL1000. After looking at the photo I new it was not a 1000 but actually a 650. I figured it was a mistake. My wife and I went to this dealership just for the heck of it and I went to look at the bike. Sure enough it was a 650 AND the sticker price was at $7,699. Over priced if you ask me, especially since the MSRP was $7,199 when the bike came out. Even with over 9800 miles on it(actual) it was in really nice shape sans graphics. I pointed out to a salesman that online it was advertised as a DL1000. He said that the guy who put it on the site must have mislabled it and would inform him of the mistake. However, when I mentioned the price compared to the original MSRP, he gave me some BS saying that was what they were selling it for because they can't get new ones in and that these kind of bikes are getting hard to get ahold of so they have to sell them for a higher price. I can agree with the scarcity issue, but they aren't even a Suzuki dealership(Honda,Kawasaki,Yamaha,Triumph and Harley). Would you pay this for a used '08 Wee?
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
522 Posts
I suspect they'll have that one laying around for a day or two. There are plenty of dealers selling new 650's for $7,500-$7,900 OTD because of the pending new model.

· Registered
969 Posts
You said "sans graphics", the dealer is not Suzuki and they advertised it as a 1000. I wonder if they think it is a DL1000 and priced it as such. I also wonder if they took it in as a trade and gave the trade in value of a 1000. If so, there is a sales person in big trouble at that shop.

· Registered
3,864 Posts
Ignorance is always expensive. If this dealer can find someone more ignorant than they are, they win. Don't rule out this possibility...

If not, it'll sit around for months until it gums up and won't run and they blow it out cheap.

· Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ignorance is always expensive. If this dealer can find someone more ignorant than they are, they win. Don't rule out this possibility...

If not, it'll sit around for months until it gums up and won't run and they blow it out cheap.
They say a sucker is born every minute

· Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not trying to beat a dead horse here, but the dealership I first wrote about finally updated thier website. They have it listed correctly now as a 650. However they are asking $6299 for it now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.