StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Just let us know what tires, seat and windscreen you do have on it and I suspect there will be plenty of recommendations.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Strompilot thanks. Street Mich. tires. Want the 16:43 gears. Taller wind screen. It seems like all web is the same stuff. Best sites for stuff?.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Funny you mention the web. So sorry. I new to this so I can see your point!. Good reading, just have to weigh the good with the wish list.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Slow to say too much to fast!

My K8 showed-up Today unexpectedly. STI gave me a free cycle cover. Not going to rush into things and need to get the sea legs back!. Everyone said that is a big bike. Nobody said it was ugly, just big. I am loving the thought of getting to know it. Fork brace and 16: 43 chain and sprocket's? Is 6th. that bad?. The chain has some tight spots.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
My K8 showed-up Today unexpectedly. STI gave me a free cycle cover. Not going to rush into things and need to get the sea legs back!. Everyone said that is a big bike. Nobody said it was ugly, just big. I am loving the thought of getting to know it. Fork brace and 16: 43 chain and sprocket's? Is 6th. that bad?. The chain has some tight spots.
If your chain has tight spots, it may be time to replace it.
The fork brace is a good thing.
Can't comment on the 16:43 gearing. I kept mine at stock and that works for me.

Get to know your bike, and enjoy the learning. The VStrom is a fun and versatile bike and will serve you well. And if you have questions about it, you should find the answers here.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
The more I ride my Wee the less ugly it looks. After a year of owning it I have to go back to 60's style British machines or Italians and look-a-likes to find a "good looking bike". Most other stuff looks "un-Wee-like" and therefore "trying too hard".

Honestly, if you're looking at it instead of rising it you're doing it wrong. They look FANTASTIC from the rider's seat!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts