StromTrooper banner

07 VStrom 650 Luggage. What do I have and how can I expand it?

1989 4
Hi all, new member here!

I've just bought myself an 07 VStrom 650. It was supplied with a rack and topbox but I'm trying to find out what my options are for fitting pannier bars.
I've taken a few images of the curent box and fixings here:

Photo Album - Imgur

The top box has a Suzuki logo on, but it has a different key than the one the starts the bike. It's a great size and if possible I'd like to keep it. Is the box actually manufactured by Suzuki, and can any other kind of box fit that plate fixing it uses?

Are there pannier racks available that can be fit with the topbox rack in place, or does each manufacturer make you strip everything off and go with their complete luggage system?

Any input would be much appreciated!

Cheers :thumbup:
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,702 Posts
That's the rack and box Suzuki sells as an OEM product. The good news is the Suzuki bags use it as part of their side case mounting system. The bad news is after market luggage is better and less expensive but designed to work with the stock rack for the non OEM luggage equipped bike.

· FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,702 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Hello,

I have a 2006 DL650 with Givi Monokey top case.
What side racks can I use for OEM side cases? I prefer not to touch the existing top case rack.

Thanks,

Burhan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.