StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'll be lurking at this site for the next two years or so -- till some old debts go away... yeah I know. I'm having a great time reading about your adventures in V-strom spotting and touring and stuff. Vicarious pleasure is still pleasure. I've done all the arm-chair research I need and it looks like the Dl650 is for me. Anyway...

I've been monitoring the dealership purchase pricing on the 07 DL 650 here in Ontario. The range of pricing is quite dramatic. One dealer has the bike, freight included, at $7400 and another is closer to $9000 (and a bunch more for the ABS model). I must be missing something.

How could there be such a huge price difference?

Ray

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
According to Suzuki.ca the Manufacturer Suggested Retail on the 07 Wee is $8,999 but what a dealer will actually sell for can be quite different.
It all depends on the competition,the volume they can sell, overhead etc. Or the deal you can make with them.

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Dealer Prep

Make sure you know what the dealership is charging for freigt and PDI etc. There is a dealer here locally that consistantly advertises bikes for less than most other dealers, but when but when it comes down to brass tacks, their freight/pdi is almost double other dealers.

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
I'll bet the "cheapest" price is from a dealer that also sells Cars :confused: If so they don't "have" to make as big a profit on the bikes as thier cars are what keeps the dealer afloat. One thing to remember, is the service dept in a "car" dealership may not have the expertise that a true "bike" shop does. Then again getting an appt anywhere can be an adventure. Good thing the Strom rarely needs anything done

Hey guys,

I'll be lurking at this site for the next two years or so -- till some old debts go away... yeah I know. I'm having a great time reading about your adventures in V-strom spotting and touring and stuff. Vicarious pleasure is still pleasure. I've done all the arm-chair research I need and it looks like the Dl650 is for me. Anyway...

I've been monitoring the dealership purchase pricing on the 07 DL 650 here in Ontario. The range of pricing is quite dramatic. One dealer has the bike, freight included, at $7400 and another is closer to $9000 (and a bunch more for the ABS model). I must be missing something.

Ray

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Brocku, that dealer is alleged to go low on the price but stack the extra charges. It might come out a bit cheaper still. I bought my '07 wee at Cycle World for about $8400, plus freight, PDI, taxes.

I saw a grey Wee at Newmarket Suzuki's stand at the April motorcycle show with a $7500 sticker. I called up my dealer and told him that that's a price I couldn't ignore. He responded that he gets this type of call several times a week and says the dealer is low-balling the price but recovers some of it in the extra and higher charges. He told me to get a price from them and he would see if he could match it. It was my guess too that they would recover some cash in extra charges -- I have experience in the auto industry. But I live downtown and didn't want to deal in Newmarket.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Howdy,

Factory dealers (such as Brampton and Newmarket, selling both cars and bikes), notoriously compete between each other for customers. Considering MSRP of 8999 (9499 w/ABS), it does seem that they’re offering the best deal ie. 7399 for regular Wee and 7999 for ABS one. Adding approx. 600 (maybe even less) for freight, PDI, admin fee and then taxes on top of that should be rock-bottom price one could pay for new Wee.

Other dealers like Cycle Worlds, Miltons etc, who don’t enjoy same privileges from Suzuki motherhood as factory dealers, will be charging as much as they can get away with but may never be as competitive as the first two. Anyone remembers what happened to McBride's dealership?
While it does make sense to support local dealer as you may need some factory accessories you can get better deal on if you bought bike from them, and/or maintain your bike there and/or they’re just close to you, you can get a lot of farkles or gas for a grand… Not to mention that used ones, while rare find, are going for same price as new ones - go figure :confused:?!

Had I known how much pleasure riding a Wee is :mrgreen:, I’d jump on one much sooner than I have…

Good Luck shopping!!

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
I paid just a little less for an 07 ABS equipped, with OEM Handguards, centre stand, Givi engine guards (thought I was getting Suzuki version) Givi side case racks and heated grips. ABS bike was $8499.00 at that point in time. No idea what dealers are asking for it around here currently

8499 , but after tax ,pdi, battery and tire levys out the door price was 9837 thats with 500 off list price[dl 650 7k non abs]

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
07 ABS price was $8500.00 so I started with the ABS for what you got the non abs equipped version for.

but then you also would have paid 7% less in taxes also,so thats 600 off right the total price

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Hey guys,

Ray
I just bought a 650k7 in Belleville Ontario. I paid $8200 which included freight, PDI and admin. The after tax price (PST/GST) was $9348. Given the list price of $8999 and the limited availability in my region, I feel that I got a very good deal.

DL650k7 gray

1 - 14 of 14 Posts