StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you 07 owners have problems installing the Jesse Odyssey luggage system? The BOTTOM of the rear luggage rack hits the top of the Jesse rack at the FRONT Jesse rack mount. The hitting causes the factory rack to sit to high and not allow the seat to come down.

Any input I would appriciate.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Any of you 07 owners have problems installing the Jesse Odyssey luggage system? The BOTTOM of the rear luggage rack hits the top of the Jesse rack at the FRONT Jesse rack mount. The hitting causes the factory rack to sit to high and not allow the seat to come down.

Any input I would appriciate.

Thanks
Can you post a pic? That would help in determining what the problem is. I installed Jessies on both our 09 1000 and 650. No problems on the 1000, lots on the 650.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Part Numbers

According to Suzuki there are different part numbers

2002-06 46311-06G00-YD8
2007-08 46311-06G00-YKV

I wonder if your 09 is different from my 07

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pic 2

Here is another. With the spacer the rack sits to high, the seat cant go on. Without the spacer, the bottom edge of the rear factory rack hits Jesse rack. You have confirmed an 09, other years prior to 07 have been confirmed to work, but no one set has been sold to an 07.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
It looks as though the crimped portion of the Jesse tube mount does not extend out far enough. My crimped portion extends out much further. Do you have the same problem on the other side? I will try and get a pic of mine later.
Also, did you retain the rear mounting rubber gromets on the bottom of the oem rack when you did your install? if not that would lower the rear of the rack causing clearance problems. Just another thought

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
This is a pic of mine off my phone holding a flashlight but you get the jest. My crimped section definately extends out further than yours putting the tube hump further out, which may be your problem. If you bought it from Xplorermoto you may want to give them a call and see what they think. I had to send a dented lid back and a top box mount that was welded together backwards also. Otherwise we love the system.Good luck and post what solution you come up with.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep

First of all, thanks for the photo. I was starting to think I was crazy.
They sent me out another rack, but the flat piece wasl was not enough.. I am speaking with Rick and Jesse on a daily basis with no luck. We are all at a loss how this happen could happen to TWO racks since all of the fabrication takes place in templates. If you could get take your seat off, then measure the total length of the flat portion, I would really appriciate it.

Thanks, Jason

[email protected]

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Jason, you have an Email at the above address. But just in case, the measurement from the center of the mounting hole to the beginning of the crimp is 1 15/16 +/- 1/16" on the front side of the mount. Roger

1 - 10 of 10 Posts