StromTrooper banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't get on here much anymore since I sold my '07 Wee, but I just ran across a local Craigslist ad for an '05 Wee for sale. It has 17K miles and crash bars and luggage racks. He's asking $4400.00 for it. Just wondering if this is a good deal, and if there are any issues to consider with the '05. Also, what year did Suzuki put fuel injection on the Wee? I might jump on this one if he still has it and if '05 is a decent year model. I appreciate your input.

· Registered
232 Posts
Don't get on here much anymore since I sold my '07 Wee, but I just ran across a local Craigslist ad for an '05 Wee for sale. It has 17K miles and crash bars and luggage racks. He's asking $4400.00 for it. Just wondering if this is a good deal, and if there are any issues to consider with the '05. Also, what year did Suzuki put fuel injection on the Wee? I might jump on this one if he still has it and if '05 is a decent year model. I appreciate your input.
I think all years are fuel injection.

· Registered
15 Posts
Room for negotiating...

For comparison, I just bought an '05 with 10k from a dealer in Savannah, Ga for $4500. It came with a givi top case. Think it was a fair deal coming from a stealership. From a private owner, you could probably pay a few hundred less and get a fair deal.

· Registered
674 Posts
I paid $3200 for an '04, with Happy Trails rack and sidecases; bashplate, crashbars, factory handguards; center stand; a corbin seat; an upgraded windshield, as well as power outlets on the dash. Included some other bits of work, a few oil filters and small parts, and the tires were in decent shape.

On the downside: it did have 40k on the clocks, and the ask was higher.

Yes, all wee's have FI, mine does and is a year older than the one in question.

· Registered
11 Posts
All DL650 motorcycles have been fuel injected.

The 2004-2006 bikes are pretty much the same. They typically don't get as good fuel mileage as the 2007 & up because of the things Suzuki did to the engine to meet emissions. Two of the more important changes are on the 2007 & up DL650s they have two spark plugs per cylinder & the throttle bodies can not be synchronized without the dealer (unless I have missed something which is certainly possible).

ABS also was introduced in 2007 I think, but was not standard on all. Therefore, the 2005 would for sure not be ABS.

I have thought about getting a newer DL650 (mine is a 2005) but I like being able to do the throttle body sync and there are not enough "upgrades" between the years to justify the hassle of selling and re-farkling.

2005 is a good year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.