StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey gang.

so i recently bought an 05 dl650 from a dude on CL. guy was a mechanic and it shows except for one detail. sometimes when the bike is a little warm itll bog taking off from idle. i'll give it throttle and itll bog and almost stall for a few moments, and then the bike would realize i was giving it gas and then lurch forward.

this doesn't happen each time i take off from a standstill, but it is frequently enough to be annoying.

i see two possible problems.

the bike had a power commander iii installed for some reason. the bike is apart right now as i'm trying to disconnect all the power commander plugs, but it doesn't seem that the stock plugs are there anymore? so my question is, how the hell do i disconnect the power commander? when i take the ground off the battery for the PC3 my bike won't start at all. i figure if i'm troubleshooting the bike i may as well start from stock.

or if the PC3 is a-ok i think the TPS may be bad? i've heard people mention that a few times. the bike has 53k miles.

any suggestions? anyone recognize these symptoms?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
adjusted the TPS, kicks in at around 1500-1600rpm. can't test it out tonight, PO drilled the exhaust so i dont want to run the bike and make my neighbors furious. i'll post results.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts