StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are considering the optional screen for an '04-'05, I found the (larger) Suzuki windscreen to be flimsy and poor quality. Also has that goofy rubber edging around it.

The Laminar touring lip works well with the stock shield, but it is hard to keep clean when the bugs get between it, and it shakes around some with crosswinds.

I setted on the Cee Bailey's 21.5" screen and it is the best out of the three. Height 5"-9"

·
Registered
75 Posts
campbell said:
If you are considering the optional screen for an '04-'05, I found the (larger) Suzuki windscreen to be flimsy and poor quality. Also has that goofy rubber edging around it.

The Laminar touring lip works well with the stock shield, but it is hard to keep clean when the bugs get between it, and it shakes around some with crosswinds.

I setted on the Cee Bailey's 21.5" screen and it is the best out of the three. Height 5"-9"
And I've used the larger Suzuki windscreen for the last 2500 miles on my 05 650 Strom with great satisfaction.
Different strokes, diff. folks, as they say. I'm 5'9 1/2" tall with 30 inch inseam.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im 6'4 so getting behind a windscreen is next to impossible. I use the Givi Screen and adjust it to the lowest position - buffate free riding but still take wind on my helmet - but its smooth. With the Stock screen at any position it was buffate hell!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have had the factory larger screen on my 04 for a while now and it's great. No buffeting, just wind noise. wind hits the top of my helmet. I'm 5'11". I run it in the lowest position which makes it more rigid. I wear a full face helmet.

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
I'm also happy with this screen. However, I do agree that it is rather flimsy. I also made spacers to change the rake of the windshield to match the fairing angle. Overall, for the money I'd say not bad.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am running the optional Suzuki screen in the lowest position with no helmet buffeting. 5'9" and when sitting in my normal position, the wind seems to hit me just about at the neck line. Helmet is getting clean wind and my body is pretty much protected. At higher positions, buffeting was not bad at slow speeds but was a big problem at highway speed.

·
Registered
22,235 Posts

I wish I had seen this thread before I purchased the Suzuki "Tall" windscreen

if agree, it's flimsey and poor quality

first I bought the Madstad mount and played with it with the stock winscreen and decided that the stock windscreen, almost does it, but not quite

surprisingly, the tall windscreen does help get the side air around you a little better, but the top air is worse than the stock, wtf?

I did notice that it doesn't say "Suzuki" across the front like the stock screen, I guess that's cause they don't want their name showing on something of such poor quality

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts