StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Every thread I have read said the TPS is on the rear cylinder left side,I think mine is on the FRONTcylinder left side??:confused:
Also cant find my dealer connector where it is supposed to be ,is that it in the pic?I cant seem to find anything else that isnt connected.This is a Canadian model mfg 02/04.
thanks!
steve

Attachments

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
The 1000 and 650 are different. All 1000s have the dealer mode plug under the left under seat colored cover near the ECM. The proper connector has White/Red & Black/White wires next to each other. The TPS is on the front in the 1000 and the rear in the 650. Your pic appears to be the STPS. The TPS is below it. #3 is the STPS and #7 is the TPS.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You sir are a freakin genius!:thumbup:
Thanks for your help!
That means I might be able to adjust it with the airbox on.Now to find the dealer plug.
thanks again!
steve

·
Registered
78 Posts

This connector with the black/white and white/red jumped with a small wire (not sure if its the same for the 02-03 Vee, 04 and on its this)

gets you this on the dash when the key is on. If any error codes are stored in the ECM it will be seen as a number that can be identified in the manual to head you in the right direction. Also used to set the TPS.(line ahead of the C should be in the middle as shown)
Lots of good info. over at the VSRI site.:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
You sir are a freakin genius!:thumbup:
Thanks for your help!
That means I might be able to adjust it with the airbox on.Now to find the dealer plug.
thanks again!
steve
Yes, you can just barely reach it from the side without removing the tank, if you have a screwdriver with some sort of flexibility. It's easiest to replace those stupid torx security screws with socket head (allen) screws and use a long ball-end driver.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Replacement Screw

Yes, you can just barely reach it from the side without removing the tank, if you have a screwdriver with some sort of flexibility. It's easiest to replace those stupid torx security screws with socket head (allen) screws and use a long ball-end driver.

Would you have the specs for the bolt you used? I am attempting to order new security torx bolts because the T25 bit I used from Autozone messed up the head of one of the screws(which as someone said, are easily damage) but Suzuki has them on back order...

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Would you have the specs for the bolt you used? I am attempting to order new security torx bolts because the T25 bit I used from Autozone messed up the head of one of the screws(which as someone said, are easily damage) but Suzuki has them on back order...
They are M5 thread diameter X 12mm thread length. 16mm length will fit fine if 12mm is scarce. They will take a 4mm driver.

You'll also want a flat washer and a lock washer for each screw. Use a wee bit 'o Loctite.

You'll find these screws at most real hardware stores (Ace, Do it Best, etc.). You will not find them at Home Despot, bLowes, or Meanturds.

The long t-handle ball-end 4mm hex driver may be a little tougher to find -- I've found them locally at a Do it Best hardware store and at a local race shop. You might also check a hobby shop -- small metric hex fasteners are common on radio-controlled vehicles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts