StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The hose that goes from the remote adjuster to the top of the shock: does it contain fluid or nitrogen or some other gas? Is it under pressure in any way? Or is it simply a mechanical cable inside a sheath?

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm...so is it under pressure? The hose on mine needs replacing, so I'm wondering if I can do that with the shock installed in the bike, and if the entire reserve of oil is going to come squirting out at high velocity.

Guess I should search out the "shock rebuild" threads... :)

·
Registered
275 Posts
It holds oil but only under pressure if it is wound in. Should be able to change the line insitu. Refilling is going to be a harder job tho. There is no gas charge on top of it.

Cheers Tom R

·
Registered
26 Posts
notacop. You have the work done on your rear shock? Looks like a nice alternative.I looked at Progressive rear for $400 plus but couln't quite "spring"for them. My rear damper never clicked.Just spun around .Did nothing.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The spring preload adjuster is only under pressure when screwed in. You can replace it on the bike, but it would be a pain. If you have a non abs bike and a center stand it only takes about 30 minutes to get the shock off.

Replace the hose. When the hose is off the knob section, put it upside down in a vice or on the bench and unscrew the knob all the way. use a narrow screw driver to go down the hose mounting hole and press the piston back in. Top off the fluid with ATF and install the hose. If you dont have it fully bled, it is not a big deal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts