StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is $8800 OTD a good price for the 04. This includes a 6% sales tax, so the actual price of the bike is about $8270, before tax. This price is also from a local dealer, which is a plus. The only cheaper price that I recieved was from an Ohio dealer. His price would have been about $8450, including all taxes and having the bike shipped to me. The bike would still be in the crate and have to be assembled. I believe I will go with the local dealers price, for less than a $400 difference.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Sounds good

That sounds like a good price to me. Drive out for under MSRP is always a good thing especially on a new model.

·
Registered
213 Posts
04 prices

If the local dealer is good it is worth it to keep him in business. I think the price is good.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A large dealer in Calgary is selling 04 1000's for $10 000 canadian which today gives a price of $7600 U.S. I thought i got a good deal at $10K for a new '03 and i guess b/c i like the yellow it was okay...would have like the new guage pkg. on the "04 and the adjustable shield...but buying local also has its rewards that may not always be apparant UNTIL you need quick service, etc. I bought two Ducati's , both from the U.S. and it is a pretty simple process getting bikes across borders....and for some reason motorcycles do not pay duty! (which is 6% on cars). Anyway if bottom line is price i don't think you can beat canada for price...plus you can fly up here cheap and have a nice drive home through the beautiful country. If anyone has questions about process of getting bikes across border feel free to write.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2wheeltuesday said:
A large dealer in Calgary is selling 04 1000's for $10 000 canadian which today gives a price of $7600 U.S. I thought i got a good deal at $10K for a new '03 and i guess b/c i like the yellow it was okay...would have like the new guage pkg. on the "04 and the adjustable shield....
I love the yellow color on my '03. I'll take that over the gauge upgrade anytime. I would, however, like to be able to play with the adjustable shield. And if it didn't work out, the Cee Baily aftermarket screens for the '04 mounting system look way better than the old ones.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
04 DL 1000 prices near Pittsburgh

The Suzuki dealer just east of Pittsburgh is advertising 04 DL 1000 (in blue) for $7800.00 USD. You would only pay 6% tax on that if you lived in PA. The prep charge is $100.00 normally but he tells me this would be waived. I already have a 04 650 and cant make the step up, but if anyones close, air fare is cheap. Fly - Buy - Ride.

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
$7800???? New????? Can't get one for less than msrp here in Las Vegas.

Anyone in CA know of any deals in the LA/San Diego areas????

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I live in texas, and I gave $8,600 and some change out the door with the brakets and the hard cases, Now for the service I have recieved since then, Well for a better lack of words!!!! It sucked!!! Im on my second trip back for a oil leak that they cannot seem to find. Or they never tried to address the oil leak when I carried it back for its first service, Either way If they dont find it this time I will probably try and find a better dealership to do business with.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts