StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 02 with 48k. Its mechanically sound and am desiring some opinions. I am thinking about buying the Delkevic exhaust for the bike. My only hesitation is since I have the miles I do, I'm wondering if it's worth it to buy the exhaust. What are some opinions on the matter.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have an 02 with 48k. Its mechanically sound and am desiring some opinions. I am thinking about buying the Delkevic exhaust for the bike. My only hesitation is since I have the miles I do, I'm wondering if it's worth it to buy the exhaust. What are some opinions on the matter.

Thanks in advance
If your bike is in good condition and well maintained, you have plenty of miles left. In addition to that, the Delkevic mufflers are pretty cheap. Go for it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
i waited until black friday coupons to buy my two-brothers racing exhaust. :-D nothing better. now both of my bikes have great exhaust notes.

·
Administrator
5,378 Posts
You would be far better off giving your bike a suspension upgrade, but if a better sound is what you want, go for it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hell with what everyone else thinks. Do what makes you happy. I Put on different bars, rox risers, peg lowering, fuel controller, and Holeshot exhaust. It's all about me and how I like my bikes to be. Bike is 1000 times better.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Hey, it's your bike; do what it takes to enjoy it. If you want resale value, invest in boring crap like real estate. Motorcycles are for riding and enjoying.

And your bike will last a LOT longer with a little care. So you'll get a lot of use out of the system. And it will fit any DL1000 2002-2012, so there's always a market if you don't like it.

Try it and see what you think. You'll likely need a Power Commander to make it run right, if you don't have one already.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts