StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently my strom has started running very rough upon start and sounding as if I have either an exhaust leak or misfire on the front cylinder.

FI monitor shows nothing. Looking for where to start.
Thanks

·
Registered
544 Posts
Hello J Barkman and welcome!

Have you done any recent maintenance to your engine just prior to discovering this issue including washing it?

Do you have an infrared thermometer available to see if both exhaust pipes are hot after running the engine? Sometime you can tell just by feel if one of the pipes isn't getting hot but you risk burning your hand if you're not careful.

There are several possible reasons why you may be experiencing a misfire so lets start with something simple. Sometimes the drain hole in the spark plug well gets plugged and then water gets trapped around the top of the plug which can cause misfires. Compressed air or a piece of wire can be used to open up the drain hole if you discover water is trapped. If that's not the issue, you may want to pull the plugs and confirm they're in working order.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Welcome to the forum, @J Barkman . Cute profile picture. :)

Does the bike settle down and run normally after it's warmed up a bit? Does it start properly when the engine is hot (like after you stop to fill up with gas)?
I would start with what @gdrew suggested, but if that doesn't help, then you might need to share more info here for us to go any further.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts