StromTrooper banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a nice surprise last week… I received a PM from a pair of travelers from the Netherlands who are traveling through and around the United States. They were going to be at the Grand Canyon for a few days and were looking for a place to pitch a tent.

Meredith and I met them at the South Rim on Saturday…. And we all rode back to Flagstaff together

Dann and Mirjam had shipped their two 750, Honda African Twin to Canada in March

Back to Flagstaff…. Get settled in…. dinner, then go downtown for the evening

Meredith and Mirjam hit it off from the get-go…..

Sunday… a day ride through Oak Creek Canyon, to Sedona, into Page Springs, Jerome and to the top of Mingus Mtn. ….Dann (pronounced Don) took their sidecases off for the day

Heavy-H met us at “where there’s coffee…. there’s hope” / Macy’s Coffee House

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Daan was turning his video cam on for the switchbacks through the Oak Creek

We played tourist and stopped to walk around Sedona for a little while

Page Springs fish hatchery to walk around…. Then off to Jerome, AZ

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Off to the top of Mingus Mtn. and back to Jerome before a late lunch

Mirjam and Daan carry a mascot with them when they ride…. “Faff” …. We introduced “Mr. Bill”

Time to ride back to Flagstaff…. Back through Sedona and Oak Creek and of course, in Jerome…. And a new month…. “Another Roadside Attraction”

The sign says it all about our weekend!

…. It’s a fair statement

·
Registered
588 Posts
Wow, that's awesome. It's great to see that kind hospitality. It's truly something to be proud of as a biker, to see the way we as a group generally offer up what we have and what we know to those that ask and to those who need it most. Good on ya!

Great pics too, thanx! *thumbs up*

·
Registered
88 Posts
Man, you have the BEST ride reports!! This is what motorcycling is all about!

Next time, I expect to see Mr. Bill posing with the Jerome roadside attraction, OK??
:yesnod:

·
Registered
508 Posts
Basecamp

Thank you again. Look forward to riding with again.

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,522 Posts
FANTASTIC Ride Report and Photographs!!!

Thank you for sharing it all with us!

Barry

·
Registered
87 Posts
RIGHT ON!

AWESOME pix and report! I just watched the documentary "Blood Into Wine" which is about James Keenan Maynard (lead singer for one of my all time favorite bands: TOOL) where he started his own winery in Jerome, AZ. It's a great documentary and my first thought was "Wow, that looks like a fantastic place to ride the Strom to!". Your pix just further my curiosity and wonderment about that part of AZ and I hope to make it out there someday. Thanks again for sharing!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Great report with the usual good photos! If you don't mind answering, how'd they come across you?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts