StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How many? When I removed each wheel...I (thought I) was careful, by putting the spacers back on the wheels and zip-tying everything in place prior to taking them to the shop to get new tires installed.

Fast-forward to pickup time today...the shop said that I did a good job of zip-tying everything (attempting to account for the parts), but that I was missing a front spacer (the front left).

My stupid ass did not take a picture of each side of each wheel prior to drop off, so I don’t know if: 1. I lost the spacer, or 2. The shop lost the spacer.

Looking around at online parts diagrams...it appears that there’s only a spacer on the right side of the front wheel, and that the shoulder of the axle serves as the left side spacer.

I thought that might be the case until I watched a video of a wheel removal on YouTube and as soon as the axle was removed...there was a metallic sound as a spacer (not the one that I presently have accounted for) hit the ground.

My question for you...a ‘19 DL1000...if I have a vacant blank space on the left side of the front wheel/axle...what part am I missing?

From the parts diagram, it looks like there’s only one spacer.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Definitely just one spacer. I wasted an hour 2so chasing this rabbit down a hole on my 2014 a few months ago.

Vinnie

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
110 Posts
The parts book shows two spacers for the 2014 front wheel but in the quantity box it only has 1 listed as required. All other model years of the V2 and later show 1 spacer. I think Suzie made a mistake in the manual.
Definitely just one spacer. I wasted an hour 2so chasing this rabbit down a hole on my 2014 a few months ago.

Vinnie

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I looked at the fiche at ronayers.com and it shows one spacer for the front wheel. It's not a good idea to send the parts to the shop with the wheel unless you can afford the loss. IMO.
Yup. Definitely a screw up on my part.

Vinnie

If it wasn’t for the one thread that I stumbled into that referenced two front spacers, I might have convinced myself that there was just one spacer a couple hours ago.

The parts book shows two spacers for the 2014 front wheel but in the quantity box it only has 1 listed as required. All other model years of the V2 and later show 1 spacer. I think Suzie made a mistake in the manual.
It would have been nice for this to have been spelled out somewhere. I searched for a couple hours and couldn’t find anything to really back that up.

I even called a local Suzuki dealer...they said that there is two front spacers for the 2019. 💩

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Someone was good enough to post up details from the factory service manual here (post Saturday at 8:06 pm)

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
The easiest way to confirm is by carefully installing the wheel with just the spacer you have and see if it fits and fits with the brake calipers. I also have a V2 but without going and taking it apart I can't remember how many spacers but my gut is just one external one plus the internal one between the bearings.

·
Registered
4 Posts
How many? When I removed each wheel...I (thought I) was careful, by putting the spacers back on the wheels and zip-tying everything in place prior to taking them to the shop to get new tires installed.

Fast-forward to pickup time today...the shop said that I did a good job of zip-tying everything (attempting to account for the parts), but that I was missing a front spacer (the front left).

My stupid ass did not take a picture of each side of each wheel prior to drop off, so I don’t know if: 1. I lost the spacer, or 2. The shop lost the spacer.

Looking around at online parts diagrams...it appears that there’s only a spacer on the right side of the front wheel, and that the shoulder of the axle serves as the left side spacer.

I thought that might be the case until I watched a video of a wheel removal on YouTube and as soon as the axle was removed...there was a metallic sound as a spacer (not the one that I presently have accounted for) hit the ground.

My question for you...a ‘19 DL1000...if I have a vacant blank space on the left side of the front wheel/axle...what part am I missing?

From the parts diagram, it looks like there’s only one spacer.

View attachment 273332
yep changed my fork springs and oil for race tech last weekend on my 19 and had the same question in my head but it is just the shoulder if the axle. New springs make a huge difference by the way

1 - 10 of 10 Posts