Communication equipment - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Techy World! GPS, Electronics, etc Electronics forum

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 07-24-2019, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 34
Communication equipment

Midland/Sena/Cardo - has anyone of you tried all off them? Maybe you can write a short comparison?

Regards, Lars.
bonne is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 Old 07-24-2019, 11:44 PM
Super Moderator
 
Brockie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Gatton, Queensland, Australia
Posts: 4,830
Garage
Have a look at this comparison.
https://www.motocard.com/en/blog/com...ices-opinions/
And this video.

2010 Weestrom; 2017 Kawasaki Versys-X300; 1988 Suzuki GSXR1100
Brockie is offline  
post #3 of 9 Old 07-25-2019, 12:45 AM
Stromthusiast!
 
christophermarkfoster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Lacey, WA
Posts: 132
Garage
I have the Schuberth SC1 standard in my C4 pro which is made by Sena. If you just want to listen to music and nav directions it works fine. Anything else and its hot and miss. Lots of "can't establish intercom" or "intercom failed" messages. I am scratching my head on this one: Bike off I can voice text. Turn the bike on and you loose that ability..... Phone calls seem ok but I do get comment that I sound like I'm in a can from time to time.

Chris

1. 2004 DL1000
2. Next bike
3. Next bike
4. Next bike
christophermarkfoster is offline  
 
post #4 of 9 Old 07-25-2019, 02:08 AM
Stromthusiast!
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 59
FWIW my brother has the Cardo and a BMW GS. If he phones me you can't tell he is on a bike, says it is good on his side too. I am still scraping up the funds because for both the missus and me (main reason to get it) costs a significant proportion of what I paid for the bike.
Chipwidget is offline  
post #5 of 9 Old 07-26-2019, 06:38 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockie View Post
That is a good review with a very clear recommendation. Thanks, Lars.
bonne is offline  
post #6 of 9 Old 07-26-2019, 06:40 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by christophermarkfoster View Post
I have the Schuberth SC1 standard in my C4 pro which is made by Sena. If you just want to listen to music and nav directions it works fine. Anything else and its hot and miss. Lots of "can't establish intercom" or "intercom failed" messages. I am scratching my head on this one: Bike off I can voice text. Turn the bike on and you loose that ability..... Phone calls seem ok but I do get comment that I sound like I'm in a can from time to time.
Really? I was thinking of exactly that helmet as I thought that an already integrated system would be the best solution. But apparently not. Are you sure it was not faulty?

Regards, Lars.
bonne is offline  
post #7 of 9 Old 07-29-2019, 02:05 AM
Stromthusiast!
 
Demache's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
Posts: 209
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipwidget View Post
FWIW my brother has the Cardo and a BMW GS. If he phones me you can't tell he is on a bike, says it is good on his side too. I am still scraping up the funds because for both the missus and me (main reason to get it) costs a significant proportion of what I paid for the bike.
The noise cancellation on Cardo headsets is really good. Like a friend thought I was full of shit when I said I couldn't hang out, because I was 3 hours away on my bike, despite riding at 80 mph. Even conference calls between headsets works well. Music sound quality is good too and battery is decent.

I bought of two pack of the original Pack talk with a friend to split costs as it's slightly cheaper than buying single. Definitely worth the price.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

2007 V-Strom DL1000 (current!)

Previous:
1999 Honda Shadow VT1100C (2016-2017)
2003 Yamaha V-Star 650 (2012-2016)

Last edited by Demache; 07-29-2019 at 02:08 AM.
Demache is offline  
post #8 of 9 Old 07-29-2019, 02:12 AM
Stromthusiast!
 
christophermarkfoster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Lacey, WA
Posts: 132
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonne View Post
Really? I was thinking of exactly that helmet as I thought that an already integrated system would be the best solution. But apparently not. Are you sure it was not faulty?

Regards, Lars.
Yes, if you read the reviews it pretty wide spread. The helmet is great, very comfortable. As I said if you just listen to music and directions it works great but it pretty expensive for just that.

Chris

1. 2004 DL1000
2. Next bike
3. Next bike
4. Next bike
christophermarkfoster is offline  
post #9 of 9 Old 07-29-2019, 06:39 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by christophermarkfoster View Post
Yes, if you read the reviews it pretty wide spread. The helmet is great, very comfortable. As I said if you just listen to music and directions it works great but it pretty expensive for just that.
How about the Nolan - they also have integrated communication systems. Reviews of that goes from excellent 5/5 to useless 1/5.

Regards, Lars.
bonne is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome