Nextar X3-01 GPS no Tim Hortons!!! - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Techy World! GPS, Electronics, etc Electronics forum

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 03-04-2008, 10:35 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
 
Super Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Southern Ontario
Posts: 213
Nextar X3-01 GPS no Tim Hortons!!!

Canadian Tire had a sale on a GPS from Nextar.
I now know why it was on sale.
No Tim Hortons listed on the destination files. Every other restaurant you could think of but no Tim Hortons or Country style.
Does anyone know if there is a way to update the maps or use a different map.
Could not find any usefull info on thier web site.
Super Dave is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 Old 03-05-2008, 01:56 PM
$tromtrooper
 
rhbell's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Rideau Ferry, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 593
I have a Garmin but you may want to prowl this site to see if there's a list of "caffeine destimations". I have a listing for all NA Timmies in Excel CSV format if you want.
http://www.poi-factory.com/node/821
Bob

Necessity may be the mother of invention, but desperation is it's father........... (Bell)

'06 DL650
rhbell is offline  
post #3 of 9 Old 03-08-2008, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
 
Super Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Southern Ontario
Posts: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbell View Post
I have a Garmin but you may want to prowl this site to see if there's a list of "caffeine destimations". I have a listing for all NA Timmies in Excel CSV format if you want.
http://www.poi-factory.com/node/821
Bob

Thanks for the info.

I had no luck with Nextar tech support people.
They are a joke.
Here is the response to my email complaint about no Tim Hortons on the destination list. They probably don't even have a clue about what Tim Hortons is. I think the response came direct form China.

"Subject: 答复: X3-01 destination section has no Coffee shops
Thanks for your email. We do apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

Good luck to you!

Thank You

Nextar Technical Support"


I geuss its my own fault for not checking into the company before I bought it.
Super Dave is offline  
 
post #4 of 9 Old 03-09-2008, 06:33 PM
$tromtrooper
 
Heavy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: The gateway to Cottage Country, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,406
Man, no Timmy's. Your maps must have tons of huge gaps in them. I think Tim Horton's locations currently cover about 8% of Southern Ontario.

DL1000K6
Proud to be a Road Toad...Member #5
Heavy is offline  
post #5 of 9 Old 03-10-2008, 12:07 AM
Stromthusiast!
 
rcacs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Morden, Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 2,557
Send a message via MSN to rcacs
You dont need a GPS to find a Tims, just drive to any corner, if it isnt on the corner, its across the street...

cheers!

K5Wee in Kanada (285,500 KM and still going strong)
IF YOU WON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS.....FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM
[IMG]http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x438/rcacs/maps/VisitedProvincesMap.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x438/rcacs/maps/american.jpg[/IMG]
rcacs is offline  
post #6 of 9 Old 03-11-2008, 11:11 AM
$tromtrooper
 
rhbell's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Rideau Ferry, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 593
Super Dave:
If you want an Excel .CSV file of Timmies - let me know your email via PM and I'll forward on. YOu may have to search for a specific loader however but at least you'll have a customer POI file to load.

Safe riding,
Bob

Necessity may be the mother of invention, but desperation is it's father........... (Bell)

'06 DL650
rhbell is offline  
post #7 of 9 Old 04-28-2008, 06:09 PM
Stromthusiast!
 
msi1259's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Cambridge, Ontario
Posts: 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Dave View Post
Canadian Tire had a sale on a GPS from Nextar.
I now know why it was on sale.
No Tim Hortons listed on the destination files. Every other restaurant you could think of but no Tim Hortons or Country style.
Does anyone know if there is a way to update the maps or use a different map.
Could not find any usefull info on thier web site.

The site POIfriend ( http://www.poifriend.com/category.php?id=17830 ) has all the Tim Hortons for Canada / USA (~3300 stores).
POIfriend currently provides support for the following GPS-enabled devices and formats:
* Tom Tom (OV2) + 22x22 icon
* Garmin (CSV) + 24x24 icon
* Mio (CSV)
* Google Earth (KML)
* GPS Exchange (GPX)
* LG Electronics (CSV)
* Navman (CSV)
* Magellan (CSV)
* Nokia (LMX)
* ASCII

I "think" GPS Exchange (GPX) can be read by a number of different brands.

DL1000K5
msi1259 is offline  
post #8 of 9 Old 05-01-2008, 06:39 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
 
Super Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Southern Ontario
Posts: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by msi1259 View Post
The site POIfriend ( http://www.poifriend.com/category.php?id=17830 ) has all the Tim Hortons for Canada / USA (~3300 stores).
POIfriend currently provides support for the following GPS-enabled devices and formats:
* Tom Tom (OV2) + 22x22 icon
* Garmin (CSV) + 24x24 icon
* Mio (CSV)
* Google Earth (KML)
* GPS Exchange (GPX)
* LG Electronics (CSV)
* Navman (CSV)
* Magellan (CSV)
* Nokia (LMX)
* ASCII

I "think" GPS Exchange (GPX) can be read by a number of different brands.
Thanks for the Info.
The Tim Horton's locations should be a legal requirement in Canada for all GPS units.
Super Dave is offline  
post #9 of 9 Old 05-01-2008, 11:20 PM
Stromthusiast!
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Savage, MN
Posts: 430
What's a Tim Hortons?

Red '05 DL 650.
revel22 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome