I'm going to be ordering some new Mitas E07's for my lowered Wee soon.
I was thinking about going with the 140/80/17 rear over the stock tire size of 150/70/17.
These are my reasons and then my concerns...
1. I have heard with its thinner profile it will dig into gravel a bit better (which I ride quite a bit of) without any compromise of quality and grip on pavement.
2. I'm hoping they may be slightly better then the Heideanus I am currently running when I ride through sand/mud (not that I ride a ton of sand/mud but the heideanus are pretty terrible in those conditions).
3.(not that it is significant but they are also $10 less).
Now my concerns.
My 2009 Wee is lowered 3/4 inch with some richland rick dogbones but I have never raised the front.
1. Would a 140/80 rub the underside of the wheel well?
2. Along the same lines as #1 ...One of the biggest concerns would be would the 140/80 negate my 3/4 inch lowering altogether as it is a thinner taller tire? (I have hobbit legs ...need the lowered)
3. Since different tires can have different weight ratings would the 140/80 change the max weight of the bike IE: when the wife and I go on camping trips fully loaded we are pushing the max weight of ~440 lbs for the wee.
4. Would I get less kms out of it since there is less contact patch being a thinner tire?
And I haven't even asked about going with a 100/90/19 over the stock 110/80/19 as I don't know what the benefits of that are.
Anything else I should be concerned about?