I have a mix n match heated gear setup that I have owned for about five years that works great for me. They all connect to each other so there's no need to run specific wires. I can ride a whole day in dreary drizzling conditions at 5C (40F) in pretty good comfort. That's a big feat for me as I'm not a cold weather person at all.
- Warm & Safe wireless two circuit troller. I love this thing, one wire from the jacket to the bike and I'm good to go. One circuit for jacket and gloves, second circuit for pants and socks.
- Gerbing T5 gloves. They're ok, could get hotter, but my hands don't get cold in them either. Biggest knocks are that they're not waterproof and feel like oven mitts.
- Warm & Safe jacket. Works a treat. Long sleeve t-shirt, heated jacket, and riding jacket and I'm set.
- FirstGear leggings. Work great, but stopped working a few times in the spring. Guessing there's a break in the heater wiring somewhere, time for a new pair.
- Firstgear socks. Work great, a bit too well. Need a pair of thick socks underneath to keep them from literally burning my feet.
Current: '15 Tenere ES - 30k km
Past : '06 FZ6 - 115k km, '06 KTM 625 SMC - 30k km, '06 V-Strom 650 - 80k km, '07 FZ1 - 70k km
“Instant information is instantly obsolete. Only the most banal ideas can successfully cross great distances at the speed of light. And anything that travels very far very fast is scarcely worth transporting, especially the tourist.” - Ted Simon, Jupiter's Travels