Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums

Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums (https://www.stromtrooper.com/forumindex.php)
-   Riding Gear (https://www.stromtrooper.com/riding-gear/)
-   -   Luggage.....Who's using what luggage ? (https://www.stromtrooper.com/riding-gear/423963-luggage-whos-using-what-luggage.html)

SIMON 05-20-2019 11:34 AM

Luggage.....Who's using what luggage ?
 
3 Attachment(s)
Just thought I'd try my first post .......
The luggage I was able to obtain second hand for the DL1000 was a set of Jesse Odyssey 47ltr hard cases and mounts for $700 pretty good value for quality gear and in great condition....
Just wondering who uses what

Highwayman2016 05-20-2019 07:25 PM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ec1bd9ddcc.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...f5fa53ba79.jpg
Tusk brand medium side cases from Rock Mountain ATV/MC on Moose Racing mount with an MMG top box from Amazon. Cases $224, top case $88, mount was on the bike when I got it with Pelican side cases. Got tired of the side open.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ratchet 05-20-2019 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Highwayman2016 (Post 5392801)
[IMG]
Tusk brand medium side cases from Rock Mountain ATV/MC on Moose Racing mount with an MMG top box from Amazon. Cases $224, top case $88, mount was on the bike when I got it with Pelican side cases. Got tired of the side open.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When did you buy the Tusk cases? I did not see them on RM ATV/MC's website, nor did I see them on Tusk's.

Thanks.

Highwayman2016 05-20-2019 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ratchet (Post 5392849)
When did you buy the Tusk cases? I did not see them on RM ATV/MC's website, nor did I see them on Tusk's.



Thanks.



https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p...num-panniers-p


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stalky Tracker 05-25-2019 09:34 PM

I am running SW Motech Trax side cases and top box, over 8 years now. 45L on the left and 37L on the right. Mounted with the Quick-Lock EVO racks. And a 38L top case.

BC Rider 05-25-2019 10:59 PM

I have Pelican 1550 (35lt) side cases with Caribou mounts on SW Motec racks. Just got a 38lt Trax top box with all mounting hardware and locks for 200 bucks on sale from Suzuki.ca They have Trax side cases on sale also for the 12 to 16 650s at 800 bucks a set racks included. Plastic cases are 600 and 250.

RCinNC 05-26-2019 12:27 AM

I have two sets....

https://www.stromtrooper.com/members...-installed.jpg

A set of knockoff Pelicans I bought back in 2013 (I think) from an electronics supply house, and...

https://www.stromtrooper.com/members...-installed.jpg

An old set of Nelson Rigg soft bags that I bought in 2012. I think they're CL-800's, no longer being made. I adapted the soft bags to attach to a set of packboards, so they can hard-mount to my pannier racks. Both sets began their lives on my V-Strom, and transferred over to my Yamaha. The knockoff Pelicans have about 70,000 miles on them between the two bikes, and still going strong....

branthopolis 05-26-2019 12:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Bumot Defender Evo side bags & rack. Givi Trekker 52 trunk. SW Motech tank bag.

steve85248 05-26-2019 12:36 AM

I don't believe in side cases especially hard paniers. I'm running Givi XS307 tank bag and a Moose Racing tall tail case. I have all the room I need behind me for strapped waterproof packs on the passenger seat.

Otroo 05-26-2019 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Highwayman2016 (Post 5392801)
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ec1bd9ddcc.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...f5fa53ba79.jpg
Tusk brand medium side cases from Rock Mountain ATV/MC on Moose Racing mount with an MMG top box from Amazon. Cases $224, top case $88, mount was on the bike when I got it with Pelican side cases. Got tired of the side open.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Were they hard to mount up to those racks? I am interested in getting a set of Tusk Luggage for my bike but I was not sure how to mount them up. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome