Givi xs308 really disappointed and a motostorm.it warning
So I bought a Givi xs308 from motostorm.it. Got the bad all appearances looked good. Put the tank lock bracketing on my bike and lock the bag on.
First off something that just comes with buying the wrong bag:
1. The bag is big on the DL 650 and leaves little room on the handle bars for any other farkles. My ram mounts (cell phone, cup) on the mirror extenders are almost useless with this bag mounted. So it's too big, that's my problem.
1. The major problem with this bag was completely unexpected. The integrated tablet holder (not the add on map holder) reflects the sun straight into my face under my drop down sun shield. And I mean it is bright. Bad design, materials and close to being dangerous. Maybe I just happen to be a freakish height but the plastic here should not reflect anything. The bad part is it is part of the bag. I would have to cut it out and hope I didn't somehow damage the bag to correct this.
2. The fanny belt that wraps around the bag is almost useless because the pockets are way too small.
3. The bag does not really secure with a solid click and it can be hard to tell if is secure. It also lifts right off the tank lock if you pull with any pressure.
4. The inside waterproof liner is very odd and it non removable. It just takes up space. The bottom should be waterproof and if it rains you can put on the cover. This bag is in the way on most days.
Since I bought this from motostorm.it, it's mine unless I sell it. Returning overseas is ridiculously expensive and any savings would be eaten up in shipping. I'm better off selling it on eBay.
Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Last edited by cavenger; 06-22-2016 at 04:44 PM.