Central ohio riders - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Midwest OH, IL, IN, Mich, Missouri, Minn., WI

 6Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 07-06-2015, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper
 
A A Ron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: North Central Ohio
Posts: 2
Central ohio riders

I'm new owner of 650 adv looking for advice and or good riding trips in Ohio. I have been surfing this forum and read some old posts about trips. '

Hope to hear from some Buckeyes
Aaron
A A Ron is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 15 Old 07-06-2015, 10:09 PM
$tromtrooper
 
Big B's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Central OHIO "Go Buckeyes"
Posts: 16,316
Garage
Welcome to the forum, and there are many of us Buckeyes here. Look in the events section of forum, you will see my Labor Day bash listed......good opportunity for you to meet some great local folks and some very much not local folks. Also a great chance for you to ride some of Ohio's best roads, and learn about where all else you can get into trouble.

BRIAN "GO Buckeyes, GO Wildcats"!

2015 DL650 XT "Hector"

1997 Honda Valkyrie 1500 custom ďDoloresĒ




Big B is offline  
post #3 of 15 Old 07-18-2015, 10:28 PM
Stromthusiast!
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Gambier, Ohio
Posts: 23
Welcome aboard!
I live in knox county and we have plenty of awesome, low-no traffic riding around here. Just get off the state highways and start riding the county roads in and around the area, I know you'll enjoy them.

CP
NO MAPS, NO GPS.... "Let's see if this way gets us there"

2012 Suzuki DL1000 (Daily rider)
1974 Suzuki 380GT (Just a memory now)
2009 Honda 230CRF-M (No reason)
2015 Kawasaki Ninja 300 (No reason)
Fivepaes is offline  
 
post #4 of 15 Old 07-22-2015, 04:50 PM
Stromthusiast!
 
MeefZah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Eureka, Calif
Posts: 2,934
Check out ADV and the "Adventure in Ohio" thread.

61% bullshit but the other 39% is good riding and good people.

Fivepaes, we are at Peggy Sues, just down 229 from you, quite often for lunch.
Big B likes this.

"How rare that we can point ourselves inevitably west and go, go, go. Run out the highway and the hills. Slide our fingertips over the creases and the valleys of the impossibility that is America. You canít grasp its vastness from a plane. Itís diversity from a map. You have to put your feet on the ground. Your hands in the dirt." - Zach Bowman

My SmugMug galleries (copy & paste)---> https://meefzah.smugmug.com/
MeefZah is online now  
post #5 of 15 Old 07-22-2015, 04:51 PM
$tromtrooper
 
Big B's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Central OHIO "Go Buckeyes"
Posts: 16,316
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
Check out ADV and the "Adventure in Ohio" thread.

61% bullshit but the other 39% is good riding and good people.

Fivepaes, we are at Peggy Sues, just down 229 from you, quite often for lunch.
I have a 650 now Mark, can you believe it? Are you planning on attending my Labor Day gathering? Hope you are well, and hope to see you soon.

BB
thepaleobiker likes this.

BRIAN "GO Buckeyes, GO Wildcats"!

2015 DL650 XT "Hector"

1997 Honda Valkyrie 1500 custom ďDoloresĒ




Big B is offline  
post #6 of 15 Old 07-22-2015, 04:53 PM
Stromthusiast!
 
MeefZah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Eureka, Calif
Posts: 2,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B View Post
I have a 650 now Mark, can you believe it? Are you planning on attending my Labor Day gathering? Hope you are well, and hope to see you soon.

BB
You have both? What?

Yeah, I will at the very least try to stop by, can't commit to overnight yet. I'm slaughtering my vacation time on some rides and dual sports coming up, and Meredith and I are going to California for 13 days in September.
Big B likes this.

"How rare that we can point ourselves inevitably west and go, go, go. Run out the highway and the hills. Slide our fingertips over the creases and the valleys of the impossibility that is America. You canít grasp its vastness from a plane. Itís diversity from a map. You have to put your feet on the ground. Your hands in the dirt." - Zach Bowman

My SmugMug galleries (copy & paste)---> https://meefzah.smugmug.com/
MeefZah is online now  
post #7 of 15 Old 07-22-2015, 06:48 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Whitehall, OH. USA
Posts: 1,048
midwest forum

rides in ohio, in the midwest forum.

------------------------------------------
V-Strom (Suzuki DL1000) | Fuelly
JRWalker is offline  
post #8 of 15 Old 07-29-2015, 07:46 PM
Stromthusiast!
 
swingset's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 2,015
Send a message via Yahoo to swingset
Welcome, and yes lots of adventure guys in the Columbus/Central Ohio area (including me). Lots of good rides to be had in Buckeye country, pay attention here and on ADV and you'll find em', or hit me up if you wanna burn a weekend somewhere. I'm usually up for that.

Never met a dog I didn't like, a machine I couldn't break, or a woman I couldn't tick off.
swingset is offline  
post #9 of 15 Old 02-20-2016, 03:46 PM
Stromthusiast!
 
kicktheball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Xenia, OH
Posts: 85
Garage
I don't know if you guys use the REver app to record rides and search for rides, but it is pretty cool. I also check out these sites.
Top 100 Routes | Motorcycle Roads and Rides | MotorcycleRoads.com
Motorcycle Rides | Motorcycle Roads | Motorcycle Tours and Routes

I just rode 41 down to Aberdeen and came back up to Xenia on 62 & 68. 41 is a great road (south of Greenfield). 62 & 68, not so much.
thepaleobiker likes this.
kicktheball is offline  
post #10 of 15 Old 03-30-2016, 10:21 PM
Stromthusiast!
 
thepaleobiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 185
Garage
Following this thread new dl650 rider from Cincinnati town

V Strom LED headlights - wp.me/p48a0W-1D
Turn signal conversion to running lights- wp.me/p48a0W-1Z
LED tail lights - wp.me/p48a0W-1I
MadStad + Givi - wp.me/p48a0W-1N
Mirror Extenders - wp.me/p48a0W-1R

Sold my Wee
thepaleobiker is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome